First off, I am new Blackberry owner and I love it. I've been reading this forum for a while, it kind of helped me make my decision on my Storm. Aside from the .75 software I'm running, this phone is a beast!

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to just turn off the back light when I'm not using the phone. I had the Dare and the lock button would turn the screen off and I loved it because it saved tremendous battery life. I have the carrying case with the magnet that turns off the light, but I really don't like carrying that around. I think it would be easier to just hit the lock button and the screen turns off. Now I know it doesn't do that, but I was wondering if anyone ever heard of any other ways make the light dim quicker?

Thanks in advance
    03-28-09 02:16 PM
    Under the options menu go to screen/keyboard. I'm not sure if you can set it to automatically turn off but you can set it for like 5 seconds, 10 seconds, and so on. I just set it to the lowest number and it works for me.
    03-28-09 02:30 PM
    thanks. yeah I did that as well and it does help. Probably wont be able to do something like that, but oh well. Doesn't hurt to try ha.
    03-28-09 02:33 PM
    No problem. Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that the storm doesn't have that sort of option. Maybe in a future update??
    03-28-09 02:43 PM
    yeah but you're not losing that much batter anyways

Try these tips to save as much battery as you can

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...-storm-137580/
    03-28-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD