So I downloaded the new OS .713 for my Storm from the Blackberry website (link provided in the findings & fixes thread) but when I open up the Application Loader, after all the initial blah blah when I go to find my device, it doesn't DO anything.

It's plugged in just fine and charging, but the program like, isn't detecting it or something. ??

I click on "Start" (under Update your device software)

And it just sits there and says "Please connect your device" with a PIN: spot that's greyed out and I can't do anything.

WTH?
    06-24-10 08:04 PM
    Are u using a USB on the pc, rather than a hub?

tried different cables? (I've got a usb cable for my touch that is intermittent--I finally tossed it a few days ago).

I presume for the moment that your storm doesn't show up in explorer and the "safe to remove hardware" icon isn't present in the system tray?
    06-24-10 08:12 PM
    I was bold and did an OTA update after backing up.
    Flawless!!!!
    06-24-10 08:17 PM
    It's there and everything is running just fine, computer detects it, just not the stupid Blackberry application loader!

And yes - a USB cable (this is what I used when I put the .451 OS on it and it worked just fine!)
    06-24-10 08:18 PM
    aaaand I don't know what OTA is...
    06-24-10 08:19 PM
    aaaand I don't know what OTA is...
    Over The Air (ie, there is an option to install updates directly from the phone. I'd stick with doing it from your PC, assuming you get it to work.)

Try calling tech support.
    06-24-10 08:23 PM
    i dont think OTA works since she is on 451
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-24-10 at 09:58 PM.
    06-24-10 08:30 PM
    If you downloaded .713 from the findings and fixes thread then it is from TBayTel and you need to delete the vendor id and run the apploader as admin. If you have the verizon one then dont worry about it

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml

and here if you have a 64bit pc

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml

TBayTel 5.0.0.713

VZW 5.0.0.713
    06-24-10 08:56 PM
    I'm a she, not a he

and that's exactly what my problem is, I will delete the vendor file thank you!
    06-24-10 09:46 PM
    It's there and everything is running just fine, computer detects it, just not the stupid Blackberry application loader!

And yes - a USB cable (this is what I used when I put the .451 OS on it and it worked just fine!)
    Restart your PC, sometimes it's the simple things. And usually when my device isn't detected that solves it.
    06-24-10 09:49 PM
    worked like a charm, smooch!
    06-24-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD