My employer sends out all call pages through a program called notify at once. They come to the phone as SMS/mms texts. The address that they come from is progressive. For example: the first one might be [email protected] then the next might be [email protected] What I am trying to do is to set up a ringtone for these messages but I cannot just make a contact for it b/c it's not static. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this might be done?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 01:45 PM
    I've been trying to find a way to do this with FB SMS notifications, which also come from "progressive" addresses.

So far, I haven't found a way to do it...
    08-15-10 02:29 PM
    my bad i misunderstood the op.. not sure if there is a way to set ringtones for progressive email...
    Last edited by joe_fresh; 08-15-10 at 03:03 PM.
    08-15-10 02:54 PM
    I've been trying to find a way to do this with FB SMS notifications, which also come from "progressive" addresses.

So far, I haven't found a way to do it...
    That got so annoying I ended up turning sms notifications off. The fb app uses push, so I just stuck with that. Same with personal assistant.

08-16-10 07:09 AM
    That got so annoying I ended up turning sms notifications off. The fb app uses push, so I just stuck with that. Same with personal assistant.

The problem is, I have the SMS alerts just set up to send me a message whenever certain people post stuff, so it's not just the standard alerts for people that comment on my posts...plus I don't really use the BB Facebook app at all. Guess it's just something I have to deal with.

What I did to kinda fix this is add most of my common SMS contacts to BBM, so that when they send me SMS messages, the alert that is triggered is the BBM one (even though it's just an SMS message). By doing that, only the FB SMS and less frequent SMS contacts cause my standard SMS alert to go off. It's not perfect, but does give me a way to differentiate whether it's just a FB notification, or an actual person I frequently communicate with trying to get my attention via SMS.
    08-16-10 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD