I downloaded 103 and ran it. But when I open desktop, application loader, there is one .65, and 2 .75's. Where is 103? Sorry if I'm naive...thanks!
    02-14-09 01:50 PM
    2nd sticky from the top.
    02-14-09 03:31 PM
    You need to delete or move the previous OS on your computer. Make a folder on your computer called BB OS. Then go to the following:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Highlight and move the OS folder here to the new BB OS folder. Now download and run the new OS.

Now connect your Storm to your computer and run DM. And it should say that you need to update your OS on your device. Good luck
    02-14-09 03:37 PM
    You need to delete or move the previous OS on your computer. Make a folder on your computer called BB OS. Then go to the following:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Highlight and move the OS folder here to the new BB OS folder. Now download and run the new OS.

Now connect your Storm to your computer and run DM. And it should say that you need to update your OS on your device. Good luck
    You may also have to go into your control panel>add/remove software and uninstall the Device software.
    I have also found it easier to upgrade if you use Loader.exe instead of the DM.
    C:>program files>common files> research in motion> apploader> loader.exe.

just an alternative.....
    02-14-09 04:18 PM
    You may also have to go into your control panel>add/remove software and uninstall the Device software.
    I have also found it easier to upgrade if you use Loader.exe instead of the DM.
    C:>program files>common files> research in motion> apploader> loader.exe.

just an alternative.....

I've never upgrade OS this way. I use Crackmem to remove unwanted files. Will you procedure be compatible with Crackmem?
    02-14-09 04:23 PM
    I've never upgrade OS this way. I use Crackmem to remove unwanted files. Will you procedure be compatible with Crackmem?
    This just removes the OS from the computer so you can load the new OS. Crackmem removes files from the OS before install to the device but after install to the computer, I dont use Crackmem personally, I have had several issues with it. You can load multiple OS's if youre comfortable with that and pick the one you are going to use. But for some, removing the outdated OS before intalling the new OS is easier.

Food for thought
    02-14-09 04:37 PM
    Remove the old OS from your computer. Load the new one. disconnect from the internet. run the new one. Even though I'm on Verizon I had to remove the vendor.xml file. Once I did that, .103 loaded fine.
    02-14-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD