Have had the Storm (9530--Verizon) for a month now and I've never seen this--it's a square box with two staggered upside down triangles over a flattened disk, almost like a cube thats been pushed down from the top. It pops up over the signal strength meter, so far at least, when I use BB Messenger, and just now Media too. Tried taking a screen shot but it won't show up in the shot.

Any ideas what this is? And if its something super silly, please feel free to mock--the Storm is my first BB.
    02-25-09 02:09 PM
    I think that just means it's downloading things.
    Last edited by zazzified; 02-25-09 at 02:30 PM.
    02-25-09 02:12 PM
    I have seen it also and have wondered what it was. It seeme to me that I see it when I have not used the phone for a while or it is just starting to get data or a connection of some type. But I do not know what it means.
    02-25-09 02:27 PM
    i may be wrong, but i think the arrows are internet data to/from phone, and the icon you described is data that is either being saved or moved actually on the device (not to or from it)

someone correct me if i'm wrong, i'd like to know the right answer
    02-25-09 02:31 PM
    I think it means that you're on an input field and using the Multitap keyboard.
    02-25-09 02:34 PM
    I'm pretty sure you're referring to the multitap symbol. It comes up everytime the portrait multitap keyboard is displayed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 02:36 PM
    3rd to concur it's multitap
    02-25-09 03:05 PM
    Ah they're right, it is multitap.
    02-25-09 03:07 PM
    Yup--makes sense now. Thanks for the help everyone.
    02-25-09 03:45 PM
    cool thanks, i'd swear i've seen it outside of the multi-tap because i don't use multi-tap and have noticed the icon multiple times
    02-25-09 04:52 PM
    cool thanks, i'd swear i've seen it outside of the multi-tap because i don't use multi-tap and have noticed the icon multiple times
    Same here I don't use multitap and I think I have seen it a few times. Now that I think back tho I think it shows right when I turn my phone on. Kind of like when you turn a car on and all the signal lights come on. Not possitive tho.
    02-25-09 05:17 PM
    keep in mind that even if you dont have multi-tap as your default, it will automatically come up whenever you have to enter a password.
    02-26-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD