Hey all,

Ran into a problem today, I got an email and on my storm it only says "Message truncated due to size" and it doesn't allow me to view any of the message, nor does it allow me to fetch the full message. I was wondering if there was anyway to turn this off or to have it not truncate as I can't see what was sent unless I login to my email account.

Thanks for the help all.
    02-03-09 11:18 AM
    I experience the same problem a lot. Its quite a bit of bull of course to have a "business" phone which truncates emails when there is so much storagespace available on SD... Utter and utter crap.

I consider this a major bug which should be adressed ASAP
    02-05-09 04:34 AM
    I experience the same problem a lot. Its quite a bit of bull of course to have a "business" phone which truncates emails when there is so much storagespace available on SD... Utter and utter crap.

I consider this a major bug which should be adressed ASAP
    I agree... I don't know why it even bothers delivering messages to me that I can't read cause it's truncated... Seeing that it's truncated doesn't help me in anyway...

Wish someone knew how to turn this off or get rid of this feature...
    02-05-09 09:30 AM
    When I get the truncated message either it shows me more as I scroll down or I hit the BB button and select 'more all' and it shows the rest of the message, for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 06:38 AM
    When I get the truncated message either it shows me more as I scroll down or I hit the BB button and select 'more all' and it shows the rest of the message, for me.

That's what I do, too, and it downloads the rest.
    02-06-09 06:50 AM

That's so weird I thought that I'd be able to do this too but my storm doesn't give me any options like that... no get message, or see full messag, or the "more all" that you mentioned... anyone know why this might be?
    02-06-09 11:30 AM
    I'll have to try that out.. don't recall seeing a 'more all" option
    02-06-09 06:41 PM
    I'll have to try that out.. don't recall seeing a 'more all" option
    anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!
    02-09-09 12:39 AM
    I just tried finding teh "more all" fix on my storm and it didnt work... this is complete and utter bull****.
    02-09-09 01:13 AM
    I just tried finding teh "more all" fix on my storm and it didnt work... this is complete and utter bull****.
    I know! I can't stand getting all these damn messages and all of them being truncated... What does the storm have against people with long emails???

I really really hope somebody on here knows how to fix this...
    02-09-09 08:32 AM
    Could this be a .99 issue?
    02-10-09 11:03 AM
    The "More All" option appears on mine running .99, and it does retrieve more of the message, but there is a point where the email is too long and even more all won't retrieve all of it. I've only run into it a few times though.
    02-10-09 11:05 AM
    The "More All" option appears on mine running .99, and it does retrieve more of the message, but there is a point where the email is too long and even more all won't retrieve all of it. I've only run into it a few times though.
    Hmmm... That must be the problem then cause I get some long e-mails at times and a lot of replies. I hope RIM fixes this in the future to allow for everything considering it comes with a 8Gig card.

Thank you for the help.
    02-10-09 11:07 AM
    If a message is truncated, it is truncated. If a message is long, but not long enough to be truncated, it loads on the screen a bit at a time. that's when you have teh option for "more." This is not a feature that some people have and some don't. It's completely related to the size of the email.

It think it's a ridiculous limitation, but I don't know if there's any way around it.
    02-10-09 11:09 AM
    Hmmm... That must be the problem then cause I get some long e-mails at times and a lot of replies. I hope RIM fixes this in the future to allow for everything considering it comes with a 8Gig card.

Thank you for the help.
    I've had long emails with lots of replies as well, but the only time I notice where it can't quite get it all is with HTML emails from time to time. Plain text or simpler emails are fine for really long ones.
    02-10-09 11:12 AM
    I've had long emails with lots of replies as well, but the only time I notice where it can't quite get it all is with HTML emails from time to time. Plain text or simpler emails are fine for really long ones.
    That might be the problem, I think it sends html.. At times I have the option to "get plain text" which I do because I like it better that way. Gonna run a check on my email accounts to see if they are set to html and if I could change it to plain text.

Thanks again for the help.
    02-10-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD