Heard this and wondered if it is true.
    12-02-08 04:41 PM
    Nope! AT&T Has a 5 Year Agreement with Apple as the sole US carrier.
    12-02-08 04:44 PM
    Are you serious? why would you come in here and ask that? go to the VZW forum or apple and ask. geez
    12-02-08 04:45 PM
    This was the last info I saw.

AT&T's US exclusive on the iPhone has been extended for an additional year, until 2010.
    From engadget
    12-02-08 04:47 PM
    Are you serious? why would you come in here and ask that? go to the VZW forum or apple and ask. geez
    No reason to get worked up. People ask question in the wrong forums all the time.
    12-02-08 04:49 PM
    I'd highly doubt that. I believe AT&T signed exclusivity with Apple till 2010, but that is a rumor. The other rumor is that Verizon will be able to obtain the Iphone in 2009.
    12-02-08 04:52 PM
    If Verizon (supposely) rejected the iPhone when Apple asked the first time, what makes you think that they'll change their mind?
    12-02-08 04:53 PM
    Don't worry...I asked because peope here know there stuff and I trust what I read here most times..
    I have zero interest in the I Phone. I can't wait to get my storm despite everything I read because I am confident mine will be ok!

Be a little nicer to people.
    12-02-08 04:53 PM
    I'd highly doubt that. I believe AT&T signed exclusivity with Apple till 2010, but that is a rumor. The other rumor is that Verizon will be able to obtain the Iphone in 2009.
    Thats what I heard & I was just curious. That is all.

No reason to get worked up. People ask question in the wrong forums all the time.
    Thanks so much for being so sweet!
    12-02-08 04:54 PM
    If Verizon (supposely) rejected the iPhone when Apple asked the first time, what makes you think that they'll change their mind?
    Aside from the massive sales and enormous popularity of the device?
    12-02-08 05:02 PM
    They never rejected it, Apple and Verizon just never agreed upon a deal that was suitable for both companies. Apple was unable to wait any longer and was able to make a deal with AT&T.
    12-02-08 05:04 PM
    Thanks so much for being so sweet!
    lol no problem.
    12-02-08 05:10 PM
    Get your facts straight,they never came to an agreement and Apple walked,and honestly I don't blame them.
    12-02-08 05:14 PM
    I read on BGR that the rumor is it will be announced @ the 2009 Macworld.

Verizon Wireless to get the iPhone? : Boy Genius Report

Who knows, if so then I will get one for my wife. She likes my 9530 but I think the iphone will suit her more.
    12-02-08 05:18 PM
    That would be good news for us since we have an iPhone and the Storm. Would allow us to get a new iPhone and combine the plans on Verizon. A bit of money up front to get the new version of the phone, but the savings per month would make it worth it I think. Plus by then maybe Apple will have addressed some of the shortcomings of the iPhone so we'll get a better version of it!

Just a thought: I imagine there will be a LOT of iPhone users jumping back to Verizon if this happens. I'd say AT&T is screwed once they lose their exclusive right to the iPhone. I think the iPhone and the Blackberry Bold are the only things making AT&T attractive to anyone...
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 12-02-08 at 05:26 PM.
    12-02-08 05:23 PM
    That would be good news for us since we have an iPhone and the Storm. Would allow us to get a new iPhone and combine the plans on Verizon. A bit of money up front to get the new version of the phone, but the savings per month would make it worth it I think. Plus by then maybe Apple will have addressed some of the shortcomings of the iPhone so we'll get a better version of it!

Just a thought: I imagine there will be a LOT of iPhone users jumping back to Verizon if this happens. I'd say AT&T is screwed once they lose their exclusive right to the iPhone. I think the iPhone and the Blackberry Bold are the only things making AT&T attractive to anyone...
    Why would AT&T be screwed? There network is faster until Verizon gets LTE, and GSM allows for simultaneous voice and data. I don't think AT&T would be screwed at all, since I'm sure Verizon will figure out some way to screw with the phone and make you pay extra for services that should be included. I can see it now, Verizon making you pay to use the iPhones GPS (Google Maps).
    12-02-08 05:32 PM
    Why would AT&T be screwed? There network is faster until Verizon gets LTE, and GSM allows for simultaneous voice and data. I don't think AT&T would be screwed at all, since I'm sure Verizon will figure out some way to screw with the phone and make you pay extra for services that should be included. I can see it now, Verizon making you pay to use the iPhones GPS (Google Maps).
    Device Model: Bold and Black 16GB iPhone 3G
    Carrier: AT&T
    12-02-08 05:36 PM
    Don't worry...I asked because peope here know there stuff and I trust what I read here most times..
    I have zero interest in the I Phone. I can't wait to get my storm despite everything I read because I am confident mine will be ok!

Be a little nicer to people.
    So was I, and guess what, i got it yesterday and it has been working fine. A little sluggish but if I can't handle that I shouldn't be an early adopter. Besides, once I update it when I get home, it's going to fly!
    12-02-08 05:39 PM
    Their coverage sucks. I don't exactly live in the boonies, and AT&T has exactly ZERO service where I work. Verizon has insane service, like inside a steel building buried in the hills with full bars service. That's the biggest draw for Verizon. Coverage. A phone is cool. A phone that WORKS is a necessity.
    12-02-08 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD