I was pretty darn pissed about this phone and found twenty odd things that I really hated. (and got flamed pretty bad/good depending on your perspective....)

I went back to Circuit City Sunday night in a tizzy. I really was upset since my Sprint service had been deteriorating here in the Coachella Valley for about two months.

When I got to the store, we looked for a replacement for this phone and Verizon will be getting the Touch Pro this week or next. I agreed to hold on to it until a replacement is available.

So I started playing and checking out more and more features.

Well, this morning the Sprint network decided that my account no longer existed or some space alien stole my tower signal, and my Mogul would not even tell me it had voice mail. I called Dan Hesse's office and got one of his executive assistants who tried calling me and experienced first hand what was happening in the neck of the woods...or rocks...

I will be De-Sprinted by Monday without penalty.

So, I had forwarded the calls to the Storm to see how it would work.

I played with a bunch of things and am starting to like a major portion of the phone...

____ Likes:
    1) The screen is awesome.
    2) plays movies, audio,
    3) gets my email without chewing up the battery like my Mogul did if it was set to get email automatically.
    4) After removing the protective screen sold to me by the Verizon rep, it works a boatload better and is almost manageable. I still have fingers that are four times the blue highlight and this makes the phone almost unusable for texting and such.
    5) I love the headphone jack that is STANDARD and lets me plug in to my FJ Cruisers iPod jack.
    6) It stops the music for calls......and then...

I cannot hear any calls on the bluetooth Jawbone, the speaker when pressed on the handset...plugged or unplugged, not even static comes through. It worked once and stopped.

Four calls and nothing came through, I was on the way home and was able to call using my home phone.

I still cannot figure out how there is a theme but I cannot activate it. when I tried to setup one of my photos, it would not even fit the screen though it was sized exaclty for the phone (using the pixel dimensions so don't even go there...).

A wierd one: when I took my insurance guy's pic tonight for a caller ID, it asked me to crop it. THE CROP MOVES OPPOSITE OF YOUR FINGER DIRECTION! How wierd is that one...almost impossible to get it right...

May the Flaming begin...
    11-25-08 11:41 PM
    For the Jawbone thing, just pull the battery. That had happened to me and after I pulled the battery it worked.
    11-25-08 11:46 PM
    im not here to flame im here to inform and help as much as possible.. I am adding a few pictures for you here.

I took these just hours ago its the first 2 pages of 2,600 pages of threads or so.. for the iPhone

the iPhone is one of the most touted and loved devices sense its release and yes a ton of people here don't like the iPhone and probably never will. But when you come to a forum of people who are addicted to things like this YOU WILL SEE EVERY AND ALL BAD Posts along with good ones so its misleading. The software needs fixing no doubt but saying its a crappy device is another.
    11-25-08 11:53 PM
    you can flame me for my opinion on Jawbone . . . It only worked properly on 1 of my 3 smartphones . . . I ran it over in my car on purpose.
    11-25-08 11:53 PM
    no one is here to flame anyone .... chill.
    11-25-08 11:57 PM
    you can flame me for my opinion on Jawbone . . . It only worked properly on 1 of my 3 smartphones . . . I ran it over in my car on purpose.
    I sure hope you have pics...!

If I did not have to return my Mogul, there would be video from the local range...30-30 would be first.

LOL!!
    11-26-08 12:03 AM
    im not here to flame im here to inform and help as much as possible.. I am adding a few pictures for you here.

I took these just hours ago its the first 2 pages of 2,600 pages of threads or so.. for the iPhone

the iPhone is one of the most touted and loved devices sense its release and yes a ton of people here don't like the iPhone and probably never will. But when you come to a forum of people who are addicted to things like this YOU WILL SEE EVERY AND ALL BAD Posts along with good ones so its misleading. The software needs fixing no doubt but saying its a crappy device is another.
    i do appreciate the comparison...I still might end up keeping this thing even after my horrible first impressions. ( It can't be any worse than my ex. She was challenged by the device that darkens bread. )

I have bene thinking about the iPhone and I can tell you that I would rather just load a 32GB card into one of these things.

Also, I noticed that Voice Command sounds lke a foreign language or is just unitelligible with the BT headset...
    11-26-08 12:07 AM

haha HOLY CRAP. i thought you were gonna show something from THEIR launch.. not today lol
    11-26-08 12:11 AM
    I sure hope you have pics...!

If I did not have to return my Mogul, there would be video from the local range...30-30 would be first.

LOL!!

I do have pics . . I will post after the holiday if I remember - feel free to remind me.
    11-26-08 12:28 AM
    I do have pics . . I will post after the holiday if I remember - feel free to remind me.
    We did do up a Nextel with 12 ga 7 1/2 shot...redneck recyclin'!
    11-26-08 01:21 AM
    We did do up a Nextel with 12 ga 7 1/2 shot...redneck recyclin'!
    Now that is Nice!
    11-26-08 01:57 AM
    haha HOLY CRAP. i thought you were gonna show something from THEIR launch.. not today lol

its just proof that no matter how good a "smartphone" "computer" or whatever electronic computer orientated.... cable television viewing box whatever it is. When it sells to the masses the internet sees the very worst of the worst problems. People complain more then they compliment =) They often go on the internet to try and solve there problem's.

So what happens is the people with bad experiences get on and want to tell you about it but the people with good experiences may never mention it =) or even think about visiting a forum =)
    11-26-08 02:07 AM
    That's why people come here is to vent and get help when they are frustrated. Can't vent on the wife. She would just say "I told you not to get that piece of crap in the first place"

If it was working perfectly you would be off using it and not here.
    11-26-08 07:11 AM
    The voice quality on my Jawbone II was so horrible with the Storm...until I tried pressing the volume down button a few times on the Storm...it seems MUCH better now. You might want to give that a try if you've having issues with the static. If that doesn't work, I'd try resetting the headset a few times.

...and speaking of destruction, I still remember throwing my HP iPaq h6315 off of a two story balcony.....about six times..then it "accidently" got ran over by a car a few times. Fun times
    11-26-08 07:46 AM
    A wierd one: when I took my insurance guy's pic tonight for a caller ID, it asked me to crop it. THE CROP MOVES OPPOSITE OF YOUR FINGER DIRECTION! How wierd is that one...almost impossible to get it right...
    i have to agree this is oddly programmed, however, try to think of your finger movement moving the pictue and not the framing box. I found that helps.

Now does anyone know how to get the pictures to show up when the person calls? I added the pic to the contact information, but the pic doesnt show up???

Thanks
    11-26-08 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD