Hey all, i am very new to the BB and the BB Storm. Here resently I have had trouble with my battery life. It was on charge all night and at 2pm it is almost dead that is 7 hours of life. Why is that? I have had the phone about a month now and it was great before that.

also, i dont really have all the time to read on here and I was wondering if there is a manual to these things. i read some jargon on here and dont understand it all.

another thing, has anyone experienced lack of signal? I live in a rural area and dont get great signal. Some times i get good signal and miss calls and texts. whats up?
    03-23-09 01:13 PM
    You could have something running in the background. Don't leave unneeded apps open all the time. Close them out. Do a battery pull (yes, pull out the battery and put it back in after 10 secs to reboot) and see if that fixes it. If it does, then something was running in the background causing the drain.

Also, lower your backlight to 50% or more... you don't need it to be at 100% to see the screen and it saves on battery power as well.

Newer leaked OSs have fixed a lot of battery issues for the most part and changed a few things like the screen not waking up if you carry the phone in your hand/purse/pocket, but that may not be the route you want to take... especially since it's not supported releases of the OS, but know that the next official OS will introduce those same fixes.
    03-23-09 01:17 PM
    You'll notice that some applications that use the internet and GPS services will drain the battery faster as well (as JRS stated, battery pulls easily close everything). Also, the lack of signal could be a partial culprit, but unfortunately there isn't much you can do about that... I can say that I haven't had signal problems with my Storm at all (I've had it since it's Verizon debut), so it might just be your location.
    03-23-09 01:24 PM
    always press the BB Button and select "Close" when exiting an application. Get a case with a magnet, putting the phone into the standby mode using the case helps with battery life as well.
    03-23-09 01:47 PM
    Heres what i did to maximize my storms battery life. Turn your screen brightness all the way down to 10%, turned backlight down to 20 secs, and keep my gps off when not using it. theres probably a few more tricks out there, but for me this does it. if im not using it all day long (playing music non stop in the car, lots of phone calls and text etc,) it lasts a full 2 days. at first it wouldnt even last a day. let me know how this works for you
    03-23-09 01:56 PM
    I have a Otterbox case with a magnet. I dont know what is up, it just happened today and the battery is now yellow from 7 this morning. I dont know anything about the GPS or applications. I just use the browser and text.
    03-23-09 02:18 PM
    any one else?? please help
    03-24-09 06:56 AM
    waht apps are you running?

I recently installed the smartguard beta and I've noticed it sees to be using up my Battery faster than normal.

Are you in a place with a poor signal stength (inside a building, basement ETC) Your phone could be using more jucie in trying to connect to the cell tower.
    03-24-09 10:03 AM
    waht apps are you running?

I recently installed the smartguard beta and I've noticed it sees to be using up my Battery faster than normal.

Are you in a place with a poor signal stength (inside a building, basement ETC) Your phone could be using more jucie in trying to connect to the cell tower.
    Poor signal strength has easily been the biggest battery killer for every mobile phone/smart phone I've ever owned. What kind of signal strength are you getting at work (in bars or in dB)?
    03-24-09 10:08 AM
    I have a Otterbox case with a magnet. I dont know what is up, it just happened today and the battery is now yellow from 7 this morning. I dont know anything about the GPS or applications. I just use the browser and text.

go to options > advanced options> gps . if you have location on, it uses the battery a lot faster. if you don't use google maps or whatnot, change it to E911.

also, hit the blackberry key in the full menu and go to switch application. you should only have phone, messages, bbm, browser and home screen. any other ones could be the drain on your battery and make sure to go to each one then blackberry key > close.
    03-24-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD