Hi,

all of a sudden my Storm does not recognize my MicroSD card any more. After a battery pull I re-inserted the card, but there is no music in my MediaPlayer app, and BB options keeps telling me: "No Media Card inserted". I tried two more battery pulls but this does not help.

To make sure, I tested the card with a Media Reader and a computer - all seems to be in good working order with the card itself. And a different card (Kingston 2GB) was not recognized either.

Maybe a hardware problem with my Storm? Yesterday night everything was all right, and I played about 90 minutes music.

Some advice will be appreciated!
    05-02-09 01:55 PM
    First check to see if Media Card support is still turned on. Go to Options>Memory and verify.

Take it out of the phone, back it up to your computer, reinsert it into the phone and reformat it. If it is then recognized, you can use your back up to reinstall everything.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 05-02-09 at 02:32 PM.
    05-02-09 02:30 PM
    Try re-formatting it in Options > Memory. After you are in there hit the menu button to see the options. Back it up in your computer first!
    05-02-09 02:30 PM
    First check to see if Media Card support is still turned on. Go to Options>Memory and verify.

Take it out of the phone, back it up to your computer, reinsert it into the phone and reformat it. If it is then recognized, you can use your back up to reinstall everything.
    Try re-formatting it in Options > Memory. After you are in there hit the menu button to see the options. Back it up in your computer first!
    Thanks to You both for the immediate answer!

Media Card Support is set to "on". Mass Storage: On. Media Transfer Protocol: On. Activate Mass Storage: Set to prompt.

Problem is: Under the item "internal memory" there is just a hint: "No card in device at this time." (on my Storm it is in German, I just translated it).

So are You sure that I shall proceed to "format card"? The warning I get seems to have to do with the internal memory being reformatted, because the BB does not "see" the media card...
    05-02-09 02:44 PM
    Sorry folks, did not work: Formatted the internal memory... ;-((
    Card still unrecognized.

Any other suggestions?

Hardware problem?
    05-02-09 02:58 PM
    Try taking the card out and reinserting it again. I suggest turning the phone off for this procedure.
    05-02-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks! That played the trick. The card re-appeared and works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:30 PM
    How exactly did you get this to work? I am having the same issue. I've turned the phone off and removed and reinserted the SD card.
    05-17-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD