I am having trouble with Gmail Sync (Contacts and Calendar). The email function itself is fine.

The first sync after I installed the application successfully brought in my Google calendar and all my Google contacts. The syncs after that updated the calendar but kept showing the contacts as unchanged, even though I had made changes to the contacts at Google. For the past few days, the device has been unable to sync with Google at all. It starts syncing but never gets any further.
    12-31-08 08:14 PM
    There are issues with Sync and contacts. You are lucky because most folks are seeing their contacts duplicate or disappear. You can find updates on the Google development blog. i just turn my contact sync off.
    01-01-09 07:39 AM
    I'm also having trouble with Google Sync. I see the most problems with recurring calendar events. Also, my contact detail info is stored in the wrong field (e.g. city appears in Blackberry contact Address 2 field). I'll wait until Google Sync supports the Storm. Per their web site, they are working on it.
    01-07-09 03:23 PM
    what version of google sync? i'm using 0.5.13 now and it's not giving me those problems anymore. the previous version before this one had LOTS of issues with contacts, it would delete them, not show me part of the information on my phone, but everything on the web-site, duplicate people etc. the .13 so far has worked flawlessly for both contacts and calender.
    01-07-09 03:39 PM
    i have another issue that i just noticed... im just gonna make up dates so you get the idea...

So say i set an event on google calenders from jan 9-12 as all days events. When i sync the calender, it only shows up on the 9th. the 10, 11, and 12 dont show anything. whats up with that?
    01-07-09 04:34 PM
    This sync is starting to annoy me in only 4 days of owning. I need to sync calendar entries daily from amendments and new items on both the BB & Gmail. Changes just aren't syncing properly though. Are we far from a fix from either google or bb ?
    01-13-09 05:50 PM
    I have sync'ed Gmail contacts and Google calendar for over a month, and have no issues with either.
    01-13-09 08:57 PM
    I've had google sync for about a week now. Was working perfectly but I don't know what I did but now I delete things from my calendar on google and it doesn't sync to my bb. Actually, it says it syncs successfully but on the log it shows that nothing has changed.
    Last edited by PS2010; 01-15-09 at 04:54 PM.
    01-15-09 04:49 PM
    I have the Storm and have downloaded Google Sync version 0.5.13 and I keep getting an error message when I'm trying to sync my calendar. It simply says "Sync Failed Server Problem Please Try Again Later"..

I went in and adjusted my sync options and found it is the calendar I am having problems with because if I uncheck it my sync will be successful. I have rebooted my device but so far no success.

Is there another trick or setting I need to update?

This looks like a cool app and I want to use it so I hope someone can help me! Thanks so much

I figured it out!! Please disregard above question
    Last edited by nuttyascnb; 02-11-09 at 06:36 PM.
    02-11-09 03:59 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue, never had this problem on my old BB 8830. Please let us know if you get it worked out.
    02-13-09 03:37 PM
    I figured it out!! Please disregard above question
    You should share the solution you found so if people do a search (I'll wait until we've all stopped laughing) they can see your solution.
    02-13-09 04:59 PM
    I have version 0.5.13.... haven't had any problems at all...... had it for a while now.....

What version of Storm OS do you have?
    02-13-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD