I bought my phone at Best Buy and I'm trying to get a phone that has working hardware. I'm on my third phone. The problem is Best Buy is all sold out in my area because of the holidays coming up I guess. My 30 day return/exchange policy is coming to a close soon but I'm not able to actually use it because the stores don't have any phones.

I tried to call Verizon and the guy told me I could return it to a store or I could put it in a box and send it to them. I don't want to be without my phone. How do you guys get them to send you a phone? Also, the guy on the phone told me I only had a 30 day policy. Isn't it suppose to be extended for the holidays or does it have something to do with me buying it from Best Buy? Also, he didn't even ask me what was wrong with it. It's like he saw I had a Storm on his screen and was like ok I can't exchange the phone for him. Is there anyway I can get my phone exchanged? I would really like to have a working phone before I am forced to return it on the 20th.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Deathpoint; 12-14-08 at 12:21 AM.
    12-14-08 12:18 AM
    I just called tonight and they are sending me another on the 30 day worry free guarantee. Maybe it something to do with buying it at Best Buy. They said after I receive to mail the old one back with the included fedex return. Ask to speak to a manager maybe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 12:22 AM
    Yeah, I definitely believe its because you got it from best buy,remember,they are a third party dealer,so their policy is a little different

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 12:39 AM
    yea i never buy a phone from wireless zone or best buy or circuit city. get it straight from the horses mouth ALWAYS!

so what if they hold them or have great deals. chances are ur gonna be able to return them or get better support when u get it from the source.

like when buying other things like lets say drugs(im a recovering addict, drug addict that is) if u buy ur substance from the main supplier, chances are its gonna be better quality, and if it is not you can take it back and say whats up with this, but if u buy it off of a street corner pusher that bought it off someone that cut it up and bought it from someone else, you then are gonna get a crappier product and the dude that sold it to u will just laugh at u if you complain about it.

i kno that isn't a good inalagy but you get my point lol.
    12-14-08 12:45 AM
    I also bought mine at best buy as they had them in stock and I couldn't wait to get this phone. In the last two days I had a problem with the screen clicking and staying down. I called CS and they were very helpful. I explained my issue and they immediately said they would send me a new phone. I was told it would arrive Wednesday by 3. Just dial 611 and be calm and they will gladly help you. If your understanding they will be too. It's worth a shot cuz like I said I got mine at best buy and Verizon had no trouble giving me a replacement right from them.
    12-14-08 01:02 AM
    All of the above posts are right on the money. Verizon has a great CS. Give them a call @611 and get tech support on the line concerning your phone's issue. they will FedEx you a new Storm overnight for free but you have to send your other Storm back in the return package within 10 days or the full retail price of the Storm will post to your acct and be due on your next billing cycle. It doesn't matter that you bought it at Best Buy besides you are still within your 30 day no worry guarantee as well as the 1 year device warranty period. Now since you can't get one near your location you need to call Verizon tech support ASAP.
    Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 12-14-08 at 01:12 AM.
    12-14-08 01:10 AM
    Yea, I just got them to send me one just now. The first guy just brushed me off completely. This time they let me talk to tech support and I explained my problem and now I should be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks guys.
    12-14-08 01:24 AM
    Yea, I just got them to send me one just now. The first guy just brushed me off completely. This time they let me talk to tech support and I explained my problem and now I should be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks guys.
    you purchased from an authorized reseller of verizon wireless products. this means your phone CANT be exchanged at a verizon wireless corporate store. it must be exchanged at best buy. what tech support did was send you out a refurbished/used phone under the 1 year manufacture warranty policy. this is one reason why you should really only purchase from verizon wireless directly.
    12-14-08 02:49 AM
    yea i never buy a phone from wireless zone or best buy or circuit city. get it straight from the horses mouth ALWAYS!

so what if they hold them or have great deals. chances are ur gonna be able to return them or get better support when u get it from the source.

like when buying other things like lets say drugs(im a recovering addict, drug addict that is) if u buy ur substance from the main supplier, chances are its gonna be better quality, and if it is not you can take it back and say whats up with this, but if u buy it off of a street corner pusher that bought it off someone that cut it up and bought it from someone else, you then are gonna get a crappier product and the dude that sold it to u will just laugh at u if you complain about it.

i kno that isn't a good inalagy but you get my point lol.

id like to add that circuit city is the horses mouth conisdering there corporate stores. Same as any stand alone vzw store.
    12-14-08 12:18 PM
    Go to the store, show them issue that you have and they will call Verizon to confirm that you have an issue and they will order new one for you.
    12-14-08 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD