Very good point but I know you'll admit that this thing was released a little too soon.
    That was my only issue with this phone. I have a personal policy against buying cutting edge tech and upon breaking my own rule I am suffering the consequences I have to right to complain. I generally let new products stay on the market a few years before diving it so they can get the bugs worked out AND let the price come back down to earth.

Worked with recordable CD's and plasma screen TV's..... But I was so anxious to get a storm I took the plunge.

Now I shall be patient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:43 AM
    Wow! Why on earth would you keep the phone? What is the problem that you would let something bother you so much? Does someone have you held at gunpoint? Gee, dump the contract and get out. Didn't you have a trial period? Did you not see your dissatisfaction at that time?

For me, ATT doesn't even get service at my home. Verizon is THE network that covers my home. However, I travel a lot and Verizon gets a great signal for nearly all of my territory. I know people in various states that I travel that have significant holes in their coverage with other carriers. So, for me Verizon is the solution.

I like the Storm, for me it is the best phone I've had. I started with cellphones in 1986. It REALLY performs for me.

I don't understand your position. Why stay with it if it isn't working? For me it is the best solution. Maybe that is why ther are many phones and many carriers. The cost of the contract termination can't be worth the agony you are putting yourself through. Or just get another phone that you can figure out.

Is it worth the hassle for me? I don't consider any aspect of it a hassle. It is absolutely worth it for me. I've never had a reboot issue. Never a frozen phone. Never a click issue. It has been great for me.
    Wow, you are very lucky. And I truly mean that, I am not trying to be a smart@$$... you are veryy lucky.... "I've never had a reboot issue. Never a frozen phone. Never a click issue. It has been great for me"..... because most of us cannot say the same. I am working on my second storm and I cross my fingers everyday that it will continue to work and not mysteriously break like my first one did. So, knowing alot of people who are not still using their "original" storm, consider yourself lucky for having a Storm that works flawlessly. I wish I had one like that! Ha ha Im kinda jealous!
    03-31-09 12:26 PM
    That was my only issue with this phone. I have a personal policy against buying cutting edge tech and upon breaking my own rule I am suffering the consequences I have to right to complain. I generally let new products stay on the market a few years before diving it so they can get the bugs worked out AND let the price come back down to earth.

Worked with recordable CD's and plasma screen TV's..... But I was so anxious to get a storm I took the plunge.

Now I shall be patient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I also took the plunge and was really disappointed when I first played with it. The reason I stayed with it was because this forum had lots of great people helping me "fine tune" it. The main reason I switched back to the Curve was because of hardware issues. I never dropped mine, got it wet or abused it but still had issues. It's really amazing that other people in here state they havent had one single issue. Hard to believe but I guess it is possible.
    03-31-09 01:01 PM
    The only reason I got my Storm on 11/22 is because I had to wait for VZ to ship it to me. The first couple days of owning it, the battery sucked but it's going at 36-48 hrs of heavy use daily. Still going strong with no signs of stopping.

The instabilities I had were either caused by .65 (which reading the previews I expected) or things I did myself (bad apps, loading .114). JRSCCvic98 has an interesting hypothesis going in the Beta OS subforum that could explain a lot of things... If people can swallow the pill that they may have inadvertently done it to themselves
    03-31-09 01:37 PM
    JRSCCvic98 has an interesting hypothesis going in the Beta OS subforum that could explain a lot of things... If people can swallow the pill that they may have inadvertently done it to themselves
    Almost no one will let the fact that them upgrading when we arent supposed to be the reason why some features didnt work correctly. They'd still blame it on RIM, because people always need a scapegoat
    03-31-09 02:06 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD