If this is the wrong area to ask about this, I apologize in advanced, I am new to this forum.

Hey all, I'm a new BlackBerry owner and love my Storm, for the most part. I was curious about the beta firmware leaks and decided to go ahead and try them. I had .132 for a while and liked it a lot, and today I decided to try out .148. After starting the installation process, it haulted on something along the lines of "something something JVM and system software."

Now, I'm pretty sure that means a nuked BlackBerry, so I quit out of everything and decided to follow Crackberry's How To guide for un-nuking it. Got past the weird plug-in/quick click step in the process, picked which applications I wanted installed, and hit next. All is good, right?

Well, not quite. I've been on the first step of "Updating Your Device" for about 15 minutes now, with absolutely no progress. It's even in a similar step to when it bricked earlier: "Load JVM and system software." The progress bar is completely blank. I'm getting a little scared now. Can anyone shed light into this matter, and hopefully ease me out of this?
    05-21-09 04:51 PM
    Also, I don't know if these means anything, but I am indeed running on Windows 7, and I remember reading various posts and blog entries that said 7 was a little quirky with Desktop Manager and BlackBerries in general.
    05-21-09 04:54 PM
    That was what I was just about to ask, There is a thread in the Tips, and Tricks section on how to fix the USB settings in Vista and Win7, that is where you are having you problem, do the fix and reload the OS all should be fine after. And Welcome to you new addiction.

Correction it's in the OS section not Tips and tricks
    Here is the link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/wi...dinian-195757/
    Last edited by Wizard101; 05-21-09 at 04:59 PM.
    05-21-09 04:56 PM
    Thank you very much, that seemed to do the trick!
    05-21-09 05:07 PM
    You are very welcome, always a pleasure to help out a fellow CrackB head
    05-21-09 05:14 PM
    I like it when things are resolved reasonably
    05-21-09 05:21 PM
    Without people being rude lol
    05-21-09 05:24 PM
    Haha no rudeness is always a good thing. I'm just glad I wasn't a hassle.
    05-21-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD