Just go to trapster.com on your Berry to get the latest URL, or the BlackBerry page on the main site.

As always, bug reports and feedback much appreciated!
    01-25-09 08:10 AM
    direct link is
    http://trapster.com/tm3/tm.jad for Bold, Storm, Curve, Pearl, etc
    01-25-09 08:13 AM
    When was this updated? I downloaded a version last night. I don't have my phone on me to find current build.
    01-25-09 08:15 AM
    Oh that explains why I didn't have to worry about compatability mode, that's the version I ended up loading yesterday
    01-25-09 08:15 AM
    i just downloaded this about 10 minutes ago, it works pretty well. its pretty much the same thing that is offered on there website. except in application form. I like this application, however i wish this were more of a plug-in type of deal. for BB Maps or Google Maps. because as of now from what ive experienced you must have trapster open in order for it to locate the traps. it would be nice if it was able to run completely in the background and much louder alerts
    01-25-09 08:23 AM
    i just downloaded this about 10 minutes ago, it works pretty well. its pretty much the same thing that is offered on there website. except in application form. I like this application, however i wish this were more of a plug-in type of deal. for BB Maps or Google Maps. because as of now from what ive experienced you must have trapster open in order for it to locate the traps. it would be nice if it was able to run completely in the background and much louder alerts
    This is a known "bug" right now, when i downloaded last night it had said this. Hope to see the update.
    01-25-09 08:26 AM
    This is a known "bug" right now, when i downloaded last night it had said this. Hope to see the update.
    Unfortunately according to RIM the bug is in the OS and there is no workaround. There will be new software from Verizon that fixes it soon.

The alerts work OK over BT on the Storm, and on all other Berry models.
    01-25-09 08:53 AM
    Oh ok, My misunderstanding then. I didn't seem to have a problem with it last night using it. I am running .90. My wife was holding it and i was able to hear it fine.
    01-25-09 08:55 AM
    direct link is
    http://trapster.com/tm3/tm.jad for Bold, Storm, Curve, Pearl, etc
    The reason we don't post the direct links here is that those change per version... and then people who read this post say 4 weeks later end up with an old version or a broken link. The best thing is to just go to Trapster� - Speed Trap Sharing System on your Berry browser. It detects it's a Berry and puts the latest URL.

Next best is click big picture of Berry on the home page.
    01-25-09 08:57 AM
    Anyone get the GPS to work with this veR?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 09:13 AM
    Anyone get the GPS to work with this veR?

yes...make sure location is on
    01-25-09 09:20 AM
    That happened with me. Restarting my storm fixed that problem. I didn't have to do a battery pull. I just turned it off and then back on.
    01-25-09 10:53 AM
    Oh ok, My misunderstanding then. I didn't seem to have a problem with it last night using it. I am running .90. My wife was holding it and i was able to hear it fine.
    The alerts do play -- it's just that the volume is too low. If you are in a say a Mercedes S600 with no road noise, it's probably fine, if you are in an open Jeep (like me) forget it.
    01-25-09 11:20 AM
    do you have to have the app open like the map tracking you to get the alert? also how much of this is a drain on your battery if you do have to have it open
    01-25-09 12:47 PM
    also with some one with less data such as 3mb or somthing a month is this going to use this data very fast?
    01-25-09 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the update. I had the old ver 2. something.
    01-26-09 09:00 PM
    backlight doesnt stay on... im on .90 btw (and yes its checked in the options)
    01-28-09 12:54 AM
    I'm curious. Does trapster detect police guns and hiding spots 24/7 via GPS? Or do people have to report them and thats the only time they show up on your sceen (when people report them in your area) ?
    01-28-09 02:19 AM
    I'm curious. Does trapster detect police guns and hiding spots 24/7 via GPS? Or do people have to report them and thats the only time they show up on your sceen (when people report them in your area) ?
    Yes when RIM designed the Storm they made it a super sophisticated piece of police detecting hardware, it can sniff them out at 1,000 paces.
    01-28-09 02:55 AM
    also with some one with less data such as 3mb or somthing a month is this going to use this data very fast?
    Yes, I don't like the map only option either, not to mention large areas of Australia simply have no coverage except by satellite, so this software would be useless under those conditions.
    01-28-09 02:57 AM
    Who is using this with Blue tooth and how?

-What setting on the Storm (there are 5 or more options)
    - To what device? A moto BT Headset? A Mercedes integral BT system? A speaker?
    - How is it working?

I have a BT system in my car that I pair the Storm to, but apparently that only works when you are actively on a call (unless I have misunderstood. It's a 2004 BMW X5 with updated TCU from 2005 production). Ideally, I'd be able to hear an alert in the car that would interrupt the music just like the NAV system does. Second best I guess would be to wear a BT earpiece- I have Moto HS850 I sue when I drive my wife's car. Is anyone using BT and how?

Thanks
    01-31-09 10:28 AM
    Yes when RIM designed the Storm they made it a super sophisticated piece of police detecting hardware, it can sniff them out at 1,000 paces.
    Ouch. The sarcasm is strong in this one

01-31-09 03:28 PM
    Alright...Why is it that this app cant find me? Are my settings off or something? GPS is on...and it says searching for location but the map shows california, when im in NY.

Anybody?
    01-31-09 06:04 PM
    ^^^^help me !!! Please
    02-01-09 04:55 PM
    Alright...Why is it that this app cant find me? Are my settings off or something? GPS is on...and it says searching for location but the map shows california, when im in NY.

Anybody?
    go to california then maybe it will say your in NY!
    02-01-09 04:58 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD