Well, I just found out trapcall is available for verizon today, finally.
    It's basically a free service that unblocks private numbers on your phone. Its really simple, and if you have someone stalking/harassing you lets say, itll show up their private. you can ignore the call, have the number, and either find out who it is, or call them back and scare them for the fact that you have their number unblocked!

TrapCall - Unmask Blocked Calls
    03-05-09 09:41 AM
    I just saw a video about this last night, looks pretty cool, for those that don't know about it:

03-05-09 09:55 AM
    Well, I just found out trapcall is available for verizon today, finally.
    It's basically a free service that unblocks private numbers on your phone. Its really simple, and if you have someone stalking/harassing you lets say, itll show up their private. you can ignore the call, have the number, and either find out who it is, or call them back and scare them for the fact that you have their number unblocked!

TrapCall - Unmask Blocked Calls
    Good catch!!!!!!
    03-05-09 10:41 AM
    I wonder who would win in a fight Trapcall vs 123Spoof?
    03-05-09 10:42 AM
    I wonder who would win in a fight Trapcall vs 123Spoof?
    They're two completely different things.
    03-05-09 10:55 AM
    I think he/she is asking if one was to use 123Spoof if Trapcall would catch it...
    03-05-09 10:56 AM
    has anyone gotten the advertisements they talk about? Is the application worth having with the advertisments or not?
    03-05-09 10:59 AM
    I just tested it out and didn't have any advertisements. I was wondering "how" they would add an ad with this feature as well.
    03-05-09 11:02 AM
    Does anyone know if there are any charges from Verizon while using TrapCall?

"Even though Trapcall works with any standard cellular phone, you must contact your carrier to view charges that may occur, or to get Call Forwarding Busy activated for Trapcall's features to work correctly. "
    03-05-09 11:05 AM
    It works great
    03-05-09 11:13 AM
    i cant imagine it would cost extra, its basically re-routing a number, almost like call waiting
    03-05-09 11:13 AM
    it even works for my home phone, which was a PRIVATE number, not even blocked (we pay extra to be blocked/not in the phonebook)
    I just dont think it will work if I was not by my phone and didnt answer
    03-05-09 11:14 AM
    this is cool
    03-05-09 11:24 AM
    Does anyone know if there are any charges from Verizon while using TrapCall?

"Even though Trapcall works with any standard cellular phone, you must contact your carrier to view charges that may occur, or to get Call Forwarding Busy activated for Trapcall's features to work correctly. "
    Can't see why there would be any charges... It's close to the setup of YouMail and I was never charged for that.
    03-05-09 11:29 AM
    1 BIG problem for me.....I use YouMail/VyMail on my Storm.....YouMail & TrapCall cannot work together on the phone since they both use the *71 setup.

03-05-09 12:06 PM
    So I signed up and went through the proccess but now I can't seem to access my voicemail. It just rings and takes me to my voicemail to leave a message. Any ideas?
    03-05-09 03:08 PM
    1 BIG problem for me.....I use YouMail/VyMail on my Storm.....YouMail & TrapCall cannot work together on the phone since they both use the *71 setup.

I have the EXACT same problem, does anyone know how to use both together?
    03-05-09 03:12 PM
    Same problem everyone else is having. They don't seem to want to work together
    03-05-09 03:22 PM
    I have the EXACT same problem, does anyone know how to use both together?
    YouMail/TrapCall...Cannot be done....confirmed this with the company that created TrapCall.
    03-05-09 03:23 PM
    YouMail/TrapCall...Cannot be done....confirmed this with the company that created TrapCall.
    hmm i guess ill stick with youmail and hopefully they come up with a service like trapcall...
    03-05-09 03:32 PM
    Just signed up so we'll see how it goes. It seems like it wouldn't cause charges unless Verizon charges extra for Call Forwarding Busy. Do they? I don't know if they do. I also wonder what effect it has on ignored calls that are NOT blocked that I simply don't want to take.
    03-05-09 05:29 PM
    super ghey..
    03-05-09 05:53 PM
    super ghey..
    I'm hoping TrapCall will release their own visual mail app as they have a web based visual mail.
    03-05-09 07:41 PM
    well this is so easy. if your getting harassed add the setup to your phone. When you contact police with the number who you know who it is. then you can delete it right after. So sort of a use it when you need it basis
    03-05-09 09:16 PM

it would be cool if youmail added this feature
    03-05-09 09:49 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD