Anyone know of any translation software the does NOT use BIS or WIFI? I have searched through the forums and haven't found anything yet.

I have asked almost every software company that is selling one in the Crackberry store and every single one needs and active internet connection.
    Polyglotz - BIS
    BBTran - BIS ....

I travel a lot for work, and i have different sim cards for different countries and in most of these places data is very expensive so i don't do data overseas.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!!!
    05-28-09 07:54 AM
    How much translating do you do in those countries and does it have to be quick?
    05-28-09 07:55 AM
    05-28-09 08:11 AM
    Have you looked at any of the HNH software?
    05-28-09 08:18 AM
    I translate a little bit all the time. Whether i am in a meeting or just out to dinner. It would be alot easier to translate it on my phone.

Civic, i saw that one... i was just trying to shy away from using data all together, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Portuguese and Italian are what i use the most. ...

HNH Software? ... The phrase and learning utility?
    Last edited by lilman573; 05-28-09 at 11:34 AM.
    05-28-09 11:31 AM
    I translate a little bit all the time. Whether i am in a meeting or just out to dinner. It would be alot easier to translate it on my phone.

Civic, i saw that one... i was just trying to shy away from using data all together, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Portuguese and Italian are what i use the most. ...

HNH Software? ... The phrase and learning utility?
    Yes, though it was my understanding they made a translator as well, not just a Rosetta Stone type thing lol
    05-28-09 12:07 PM
    What would be sweet would be an app that you type stuff in and choose the language to translate to and then press a button and it speaks the translated text via the Voice Dialing voice. Now THAT would be prime!

�The idea posted in this post has been copywritten by the owner of said post. No thieving it without payout.
    05-28-09 12:27 PM
    What would be sweet would be an app that you type stuff in and choose the language to translate to and then press a button and it speaks the translated text via the Voice Dialing voice. Now THAT would be prime!

�The idea posted in this post has been copywritten by the owner of said post. No thieving it without payout.
    Actually Civic... Translation Software with Speech for BlackBerry® Gets You Connected and Understood Mobile translation of text, SMS, email, images and speech\

Its out there... and from the reviews, it is pretty good. BUT it requires a data connection...

Guess i am out of luck!
    05-28-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD