Hey guys, fairly new to the forum and really excited to finally have a blackberry!

Anyways, I hope that I'm not asking a redundant question, but I was wondering how can I go about transferring all of my contacts from my Moto Razr to my new Storm without having to pay to have it done or put each one in manually?

Unfortunately the RAZR does not export contacts via bluetooth and I do not have it sync'd with my PC. Therefore, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to put all of my contacts in to my Gmail contact list or Outlook, then transfer these to the Storm. This would save me having to input each on into to Storm, but rather to my PC then to the Storm. Thanks in advance for any help!
    12-07-08 11:44 PM
    Hey guys, fairly new to the forum and really excited to finally have a blackberry!

Anyways, I hope that I'm not asking a redundant question, but I was wondering how can I go about transferring all of my contacts from my Moto Razr to my new Storm without having to pay to have it done or put each one in manually?

Unfortunately the RAZR does not export contacts via bluetooth and I do not have it sync'd with my PC. Therefore, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to put all of my contacts in to my Gmail contact list or Outlook, then transfer these to the Storm. This would save me having to input each on into to Storm, but rather to my PC then to the Storm. Thanks in advance for any help!
    My verizon store said they would do it 4 free?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 11:48 PM
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe when you upgrade they will give you one transfer without charging you for it. I would go into the store and give it a shot. I've never been charged to transfer contacts and I have been through 5 phones in about 6 months. Just show them your pearly whites! If that doesn't work you could give bitpim a shot to at least get them off the phone.

Bitpim Home Page:
    bitpim.org

Phone Compatability:
    bitpim.org/help/

Haven't used it for a while, but I believe you can export from bitpim to outlook. Good luck.
    12-07-08 11:57 PM
    My Vz store transferred my wife's and mine for free.
    12-08-08 12:22 AM
    I think the standard charge is $10, but seriously all they have to do is connect two cables to a phone and click a button. Unless you get a stickler to the policy, I don't see why you would be charged.
    12-08-08 12:36 AM
    Hey everyone, thanks so much for the messages. I think I'm going to take it into VZ for a free transfer like you all mentioned. I should be able to pull of the free transfer. Thanks for the help!
    12-08-08 12:59 AM
    so here is my problem .. my curve usb port broke.. so i went to the vz store and decided to get a new storm. So now i have all my contacts on my curve and i paired the devices via bluetooth because the curve no longer has service to use google sync and BB desktop wont allow me to hookup via blue tooth to do a device swap. How do i transfer my contacts via bluetooth from my curve to my new storm... please advise!!!!!
    02-16-09 04:40 PM
    i hav over 300 contacts... i hope there is a solution for this..
    02-16-09 05:03 PM
    I don't know about the Curve, but with other BB's I've used, after pairing with another phone I go into Options -> Bluetooth, then highlight the phone I'm paired/targeted and select Transfer Contacts.

Additionally, check Options -> Bluetooth -> BBMenu -> Options (that's the steps for my storm anyhoo), and then ensure Contacts Transfer isn't disabled.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 02-16-09 at 05:15 PM.
    02-16-09 05:11 PM
    its strange thats how i would normally do it as well.. but i dont see that option and i have made sure that the all enteries is set in the bluetooth option for address book on both phones.
    02-16-09 05:15 PM
    i think i have a solution.. going to vz website.. activate my old curve with the esid and then use google sync to upload my contacts. then deactivate my cure and re active my storm.. after that .. i re sync with google.. TA DA i hope..
    02-16-09 05:58 PM
    just for anyone who has this problem in the future google sync worked perfectly.. i simply activated my old curve... downloaded Google sync to my curve and ran the sync. Then i deactivated the curve from the Verizon website.. reactivated my storm and installed google sync there... ran the sync and presto magico.. all my curve contacts were on my storm

** note you must goto BIS for verizon each time and change the device there as well as send service books each time you change.

It took about 2hrs to complete once i had the gameplan and figured out why my internet was working. (service books)
    02-16-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD