I can transfer my contacts from the BB Storm to my LG 8700 but when I try to send my contacts from my LG 8700 to the BB Storm is says "Transfered failed" Any help?
    11-25-08 09:33 PM
    same here... anyone have any suggestions? Trying to transfer my contacts to my car dvd/nav system.
    11-26-08 12:27 AM
    RIM says it cannot be done, period. Read their KB05343. Bummer!
    11-26-08 08:30 PM
    i actually did it today. transferred my address book to my infiniti G35.

i opened the network connections...and at the bottom was a bluetooth option. i highlighted my car and clicked the blackberry button. there was an option to transfer contacts. i clicked it and BAM...my address book was loaded on my car.
    11-26-08 10:04 PM
    tried that... my connection just falls out
    11-26-08 11:40 PM
    I was finally able to transfer my contacts from my LG VX8300 to my Storm.

It's not pretty and I was only able to transfer one contact at a time but it works.

You end up transferring a VCF file (for each contact) to the Storm media card and then updating your contacts from those files.

Here's how:
    1) On your Storm, go to media> press the BB key and then select "Receive Using Bluetooth"
    2) On your old phone, have a contact ready to send via Bluetooth and start transfer (you need to be ready because the Storm will timeout if you're not ready).
    3) Accept the transfer on your Storm and indicate where you want the file to go. I chose the "documents" folder on the media card and then scroll down and click save.
    4) Repeat for each contact.
    5) Once the files are transferred, do an "explore" from the BB key inside Media and you'll be able to find all of the files you just transferred. Click on each and you'll have the option to add them to your contacts.

Like I said, it's not pretty but it works and saves retyping each contact.
    12-03-08 01:21 PM
    I'm very surprised that a Blackberry can't send contacts to a phone by Bluetooth. I found software at webdynamite.com that can do it (m2bcard). But does anyone else know how I can do this?
    01-03-09 11:11 PM
    Does anyone know how to send contacts from a Storm to a non-blackberry phone?
    01-04-09 10:33 AM
    Sweet worked on My Macbook Pro
    01-04-09 10:52 AM
    Yeah, it's a PITA. I tried transfering my contacts from my 8330 to my Wifes Mogul last night and would not work. I was able to connect the two phones via BT but the address book would not transfer, kept failing. Had to send each contact by email.
    01-04-09 11:18 AM
    Worked on my LG 8700, thanks!
    02-22-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD