Hey all,

Is it possible to transfer all my text messages and photos from my old phone (Chocolate2) onto to my Storm?

Thanks.
    03-28-09 10:56 AM
    i believe your answer is a no.. sorry
    03-28-09 12:02 PM
    I tried and failed. About the only thing you can do is use that memory card and see if you can back it up in DM, and put a new card in that may be larger and do it that way. Otherwise Im not sure what else to do.
    03-28-09 12:05 PM
    You can transfer your text messages and pictures to your BB. If you want to transfer text messages, you need to use a program such as bitpim to get the data from your phone, then you can save them as a csv file. The csv file can then be opened with excel and can be re-saved with the regular excel extension to be opened with documents to go on the BB. If you transfer your pictures to your computer, you can use mass storage mode to transfer them to your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 03-28-09 at 12:19 PM.
    03-28-09 12:07 PM
    A lot of it depends on what kind of phone your old phone is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He put in his post its a chocolate 2
    03-28-09 12:10 PM
    Take them both to a Verizon store. They have a machine to transfer some of that stuff. Not sure if you have tried that already.
    03-28-09 12:15 PM
    The csv file can then be opened with excel and can be re-saved with the regular excel extension to be opened with documents to go on the BB.
    Take them both to a Verizon store. They have a machine to transfer some of that stuff. Not sure if you have tried that already.
    ArmaK: That's not a bad idea, but wouldn't it mean I can only view my old text messages through Excel on the Storm? I was hoping to get them transferred as regular text messages that I can view from the Message folder. But your suggestion for pictures was helpful.

dtubbs06: I'll look into that - I hope this will be the solution that I need.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions so far. If anyone else has other ideas, please share!
    03-28-09 02:43 PM
    i may be wrong but i think the machine the other person was talking about is used by verizon to transfer contacts, not texts or pictures
    03-28-09 02:46 PM
    pictures are easy...
    plug in old phone.. open and transfer to desktop..
    Then do same with BB... Cept go from desktop to BB obviously..
    03-28-09 02:53 PM
    In the store they were able to transfer contacts and photos to my two storms, no problem. Not so sure about the text msgs.
    03-28-09 03:10 PM
    In the store they were able to transfer contacts and photos to my two storms, no problem. Not so sure about the text msgs.
    How much do they charge for the transfer?
    03-28-09 03:19 PM
    It's free!

One of the few things that is with Verizon
    03-28-09 04:15 PM
    Nice. I will definitely talk to them about it today when I'm at the Verizon store. Thanks, dtubbs06!
    03-28-09 04:28 PM
    You can go to a Verizon store but most stores charge $20 and they will ONLY transfer numbers and pictures and the pictures is pushing it. If you have a indirect store try there first. I work at Wireless Zone and we do it free of charge and will move messages if you ask. -cheers!
    03-28-09 04:46 PM
    I didn't know that and I'm with Verizon, oh well too late now
    03-28-09 04:48 PM
    the obvious option that nobody offered was to just forward the sms to an email account, then when you get your new phone just send them back to "10 digit [email protected]". that's how i do it. pix, you can just save to your memory card and then put em on your new phone. but i'd suggest you save the pix off of your memory card onto PC then format your card for your blackberry then put them in the proper directories. way easier to view and keep organized.
    03-28-09 04:51 PM
    you can do it just resend all of them to your email account i did it it just takes some time.
    03-28-09 08:33 PM
    You can go to a Verizon store but most stores charge $20 and they will ONLY transfer numbers and pictures and the pictures is pushing it. If you have a indirect store try there first. I work at Wireless Zone and we do it free of charge and will move messages if you ask. -cheers!
    Any times I have gone to a Verizon Store they have had no problem swapping thing betwenn devices, and I have seen several other people walk-in and have the same thing done when I have been there to ask questions. Preformed the swap without any charge everytime. Maybe it is just a UT thing though, could be different deal in other states I guess.
    03-28-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD