I am having to get a replacement bb storm and need to know if I use backup and restore, will my contacts as well as calender be able to sync to the new bb? What about transferring videos/pics and emails as well
    07-10-10 08:21 AM
    It did for me when i switched from an 8330 to the 8530
    07-10-10 08:58 AM
    Use desktop manager to back up everything contact and calander wise (just check all the options and you should be good). It's been a while since I used my BB but it should be a fairly straight forward back up process. As far as videos and pictures go just move them all to your sd card and you will be good. When you get a replacement device you keep everything (battery, sd card, etc) except the actual device.
    07-13-10 02:51 AM
    There is also a "device switching" wizard that comes with DM that you can use, copies everything over to the new device.
    07-13-10 08:09 AM
    There is also a "device switching" wizard that comes with DM that you can use, copies everything over to the new device.
    You are absolutely correct. It's been a year since I've opened DM and completely forgot about that. I still feel like doing a back up wouldn't be a bad idea just in case.
    07-13-10 12:22 PM
    1000% agree on the back up....just in case
    07-13-10 02:47 PM
    1000% agree on the back up....just in case
    Ya I'm OCD about backing things up and it's not to late to convert I mean let everyone in on this way of life.
    07-13-10 03:24 PM
    There are plenty of Free apps which can help you make the transfer or backup your data easily...

Don't want to be spammy, but an easy solution to your transfer is downloading the free MIQ application. This will backup your current phone to your private account with MIQ online. Then when you get your new phone you simply download the app from the market again and log in. All your data will come onto the new phone automatically as if it were the same phone.(Calender, contacts, texts ect.) Couldn't be easier! I hope this helps!
    07-13-10 06:34 PM
    There are plenty of Free apps which can help you make the transfer or backup your data easily...

Don't want to be spammy, but an easy solution to your transfer is downloading the free MIQ application. This will backup your current phone to your private account with MIQ online. Then when you get your new phone you simply download the app from the market again and log in. All your data will come onto the new phone automatically as if it were the same phone.(Calender, contacts, texts ect.) Couldn't be easier! I hope this helps!
    I see this app is now available for Android. Does it back up settings and application data without the need of root?
    07-14-10 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD