Hey guys... i have an lg envy that has all my personal contacts in it.. my company just gave me a new storm that is one a enterprise server... i tries serval times to tranfers contacts from envy to storm but no luck... the server that my company uses prevents the transfer.. does anyone know of a work around for this? thanks
    01-18-09 10:14 PM
    The easiest way would probably be to take them both to a VZW corp store.

Otherwise... Use Bitpim to dump the contacts off of the EnV, export that to something like a CSV file, import the contacts into MS Outlook, then sync that to your Storm.

I'm about 99% certain there's no easier way, like sending contacts via bluetooth. Or at least I could never successfully get my Dare to send contacts to my Storm.
    01-18-09 10:28 PM
    I copied & pasted from verizon web page to excel, saved as .csv, imported to outlook, sync to storm.
    It was a pita to get the fields right but I'm to lazy to go to the Verizon store.
    Last edited by kenshell; 01-19-09 at 08:12 AM.
    01-19-09 08:10 AM
    When I upgraded to my Storm in December from my LG VX8600, I did exactly what Bigman2 suggested.

LG Phone -> BitPim -> Exported .csv file -> Imported to MS Outlook -> Imported to Blackberry via DM

Total elapsed time was under ten minutes.

However, you need a EnV-compatble USB cable and the accompanying USB cable driver and of course you need to download BitPim for this to work.
    01-19-09 08:51 AM
    BitPim is the best way to go. If your uncomfortable with BitPim then go to a Verizon Store and have them do it. Takes less then 10 mins.
    01-19-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD