i had a palm treo and i have a lot of contacts, how do i transfer them to my bberry storm???? someone please help bcuz it would suck if i have to type them all up again.... thanks
    11-26-08 03:01 AM
    i had a palm treo and i have a lot of contacts, how do i transfer them to my bberry storm???? someone please help bcuz it would suck if i have to type them all up again.... thanks
    Yes, it would suck. It can be done...I did it.

There are several ways of doing it.

What I did was sync my Palm to my Outlook - so all contacts transfer from the Palm to Outlook....then sync my Storm to Outlook - so all contacts transfer from Outlook to the Storm.

When you installed the Palm software the first time, it gave you the choice to sync to Outlook or Sync to the Palm Desktop Manager. If you chose Outlook way back then, you'd good for this step. If you didn't (like me) and you chose to Sync to the Palm Desktop Manager, you have to change it over to Outlook. To do this, insert your original Palm installation CD (I hope you've still got it somewhere). When you do, it should auto-run and you'll get a few menu choices. Last choice is something like "Change the application that your Palm sync's to". Hit that, follow the prompts and it should change it to Outlook.

Once that's done, sync the Palm. It should import all of your contacts into Outlook. My version of the Palm software DID NOT support Outlook 2007, which caused me endless grief. Hopefully you're not running this.

Once it's sync'd, make sure that your contacts are in Outlook.

Next, open up the Blackberry Desktop Manager. (I'm doing this one from memory so, I'm not going to get it 100% but, it should be enough to get you there). From the Main Menu, choose "Synchronize". On the left side of the screen, choose "Configure Synchronization". There are 3 choices, hit the "Synchronization" button next to "Configure Synchronization settings for my desktop program"...OK..here's where I'm flying blind (BB isn't connected to my computer right now so, my option is grey'd out). Once there, you'll have the option on how you want to sync each category of data. Choose "Contacts" and it should give you several choices of where to get the data. Choose "Outlook" and just follow the prompts.
    Once that's done, go back to the menu on the left side of the screen and click "Synchronize"...this takes you back to the synchronization menu. Near the middle of the screen is a button marked "Synchronize"...that should sync the BB to the BB Desktop Manager software...and transfer your contacts.

Simple, eh?
    11-26-08 08:32 AM
    Use the device switch wizard in Desktop Manager
    11-26-08 08:33 AM
    If your contacts are loaded in gmail, you can use google sync.
    11-26-08 08:45 AM
    You can also take it to the Verizon store, and they can do it in like 2 mins. That's what I did, but there is a Verizon store on my way to work, so it wasn't an inconvence for me.
    11-26-08 09:43 AM
    You can also take it to the Verizon store, and they can do it in like 2 mins. That's what I did, but there is a Verizon store on my way to work, so it wasn't an inconvence for me.

Did you pay for this service? or do they ask you money for it.

I need to do this but i don't need anything from Verizon, just a quick contact swap from phone to phone.
    11-26-08 09:47 AM
    I let them do this for me once....just once. Man, they really f#$%ed it up. They got the First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number fields transferred OK but, any other incidental data (address, e-mail, custom fields, etc) was either not there at all or formatted wrong (and this was from Palm to Palm so, no "conversion" needed).

For data like this which, to me, is incredibly important, I'd rather do it myself and KNOW it got done right.
    11-26-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD