Is there any word yet on how much content from the 8830 will transfer to the storm using desktop device switcher?

Basically, I'm curious how much of my phonebook i'll have to re enter manually, notes, calendar, settings, third party apps and so forth.
    11-21-08 02:24 PM
    i dont have my storm yet, but u shouldnt have to manually re enter anything bc ur switching from a blackberry to a blackberry, the os isnt that fundamentally different except for the touch support, so you should get nearly 100% of your personal data transferred
    11-21-08 02:32 PM
    You will not have to re-enter any contact/calender/notes.

Most of your apps will transfer ok. In fact its a lovely transfer process, with your new device having most of the settings of the old device. Don't worry about it, just do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 02:37 PM
    Is there any word yet on how much content from the 8830 will transfer to the storm using desktop device switcher?

Basically, I'm curious how much of my phonebook i'll have to re enter manually, notes, calendar, settings, third party apps and so forth.
    i went through the exact process this morning and all my contacts, calendar entries and most 3rd party apps (at least all i can remember) transferred without any problem, the only thing that didn't transfer were the themes i had for my 8830 (which i didn't expect anyway).
    11-21-08 02:40 PM
    So, for the last year, I've been trying to figure out how to include my third party apps in a full back up and restore. All verizon and bb tech support agents I've spoken to tell me there's a checkbox I'm missing. A year I've been searching for this "option". BB just told me on the phone like 8 minutes ago it doesn't support backing up third party apps. Jesus H. Christ. I've been chasing a ghost. So, this leads me to wonder how the device change wizard can transfer the third party apps, but I can't back them up. Anybody?
    11-21-08 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD