Hi all,

Is there a way to train SureType for certain words? Whenever I start a sentance with the word "Me" it defaults to "Mr" and random stuff like that... also for some reason the word "the" was been defaulting to "ygr"

thanks in advance
    05-26-09 07:12 PM
    If you use "me" more than "mr" it should eventually catch on. Otherwise you can edit the auto text dictionary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:03 PM
    I used to have the same problem, matter of fact I opened a threat about it a while back. For the word ME it does the same thing for me as well, it puts MR.

My last storm used to write "lpl" instead of "lol" and it annoyed me especially since I had NEVER used "lpl" in texting...

After i updated from .75 to .132 the phone basically started from new and it doesn't do the same thing anymore. But i still have the problem with the word mr and me...and it's not catching on.
    05-26-09 08:33 PM
    Hi all,

Is there a way to train SureType for certain words? Whenever I start a sentance with the word "Me" it defaults to "Mr" and random stuff like that... also for some reason the word "the" was been defaulting to "ygr"

thanks in advance
    Check your custom dictionary. I'm guessing ygr was inadvertently added to it. With other common words that can be two possibilities with SureType you can create autotext alternatives if they are screwing you up too much.

05-26-09 08:39 PM
    I used to have the same problem, matter of fact I opened a threat about it a while back. For the word ME it does the same thing for me as well, it puts MR.

My last storm used to write "lpl" instead of "lol" and it annoyed me especially since I had NEVER used "lpl" in texting...

After i updated from .75 to .132 the phone basically started from new and it doesn't do the same thing anymore. But i still have the problem with the word mr and me...and it's not catching on.
    I had autotext to change "lpl" to "lol" ...and then I got the Full Keyboard in portrait mode.

I have well over 500 autotext entries...
    05-26-09 08:57 PM
    Yeah, i just tell my phone to learn words if it doesn't start picking it up too. I have a bundle of custom words in there too.
    05-26-09 10:03 PM
    well i have a ton of custom words... but why would it be defaulting to "YGR" instead of "the"??? deleted ygr from my custom dictionary and still doing the same thing.... taking momx3 and just added it to the auto text.... just annoying... seems to be getting worse as time progresses... and usually change my os every 2 weeks or so.... seems to be worse with every OS
    05-26-09 10:06 PM
    If ygr was in your custom dictionary and you now have deleted it, open a new email and type "the" several times in a row. If SureType wants to spell it incorrectly, backspace and force the correct spelling. That should take care of it until you repeat whatever you did that caused SureType to think ygr was a word in the first place. LOL, I just noticed that in creating this post that my SureType is now recognizing ygr. Look what you started!

05-26-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD