Guessing new berries in development mgiht ditch the trackball since they are rumored to by touchscreen (9220, Magnum, Pluto)......only my theory.
    11-25-08 09:08 AM
    It would be so much better with a trackball. Especially for editing and moving around in text which I can'tarem to get working well the way it's curently implemented in touch. Other places it would be usefull as well. Can't be such a bad idea. Think about how many people love their bb with a trackball. IMHO it would make this a much better debice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 09:52 AM
    The trackball is what I was looking forward to being rid of the MOST!!

I agree the only thing that really needs work is the accelerometer.
    11-25-08 11:25 AM
    I loved my trackball and missed it when I got the Storm. BUT
    After a few days of learning (and reading) I love this screen and would never go back to the ball.
    11-25-08 11:37 AM
    You know how we are given the option to use mode cursor. Well would it now be great to have the option of simulated tack ball mode? Think about it to use the touch screen as is if it were a big trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats more along the lines of what I was thinking for future things think about a trackpad on a laptop.. same concept really and works well once you get used to it. and you dont have to clean the dust out =)
    Honestly I think I have a great idea here!!! serious.

my idea:
    when you go into simulated trackball mode. When you first touch the screen it will place your selection automatically at the top left and you can swipe down across and the selection will move as you swipe. then when you lift your finger to continue another swipe your selection will stay where it is until you swipe again. then when you have selected the correct link click screen!!!

common! i KNOW! this will work great!
    11-26-08 12:35 AM
    i think itd be good for selecting a spot in text rather than trying to put your finger in the EXACT spot

yep, i think a dpad would be great! make it easier to select little links in browser when they are all close together!
    11-26-08 01:39 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD