I just switched over from the LG Dare which was full touchscreen as well. It has a sensor on the front of the phone that turns the touchscreen off when it gets close to your face so you don't push any buttons while on a call. When I hold my blackberry without my hands for a second or push too hard it starts pushing buttons. Is there a setting I can change for this or does it just not do that?? Thanks..
    11-25-08 05:12 PM
    There have been many complaining about this issue. I think the answer is no, not yet (if at all).
    11-25-08 05:14 PM
    As of now there is no way to change this. There have been numerous complaints about this so I'm sure RIM will give it a hotfix down the road sometime.
    Dont think so...

The Storm doesn't have the hardware for it... and it doesn't lock during calls.

The Best Thing you can do is exit to homescreen...

You may accidentally start playing Brickbreaker... But At least you won't mute yourself during an important phone call.
    nope .. nothing you can do about it ... have to learn to talk on your phone without it touching your cheek.
    I agree. Definitely annoying. Mostly when trying to hold the phone with my shoulder if using my hands for something. Wish there was a fix!
    11-25-08 05:28 PM
    I just switched over from the LG Dare which was full touchscreen as well. It has a sensor on the front of the phone that turns the touchscreen off when it gets close to your face so you don't push any buttons while on a call. When I hold my blackberry without my hands for a second or push too hard it starts pushing buttons. Is there a setting I can change for this or does it just not do that?? Thanks..
    Bluetooth headset?
    11-25-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD