Hi,

I just got a storm off of eBay, the unit is in great physical shape,except the screen shifts in the housing slightly when I move the storm around, i.e.if I turn it upside down, it will slide slightly down in the housing, is this something that can be fixed by tightening the torx t6 screws?

Thanks,
    Dave
    05-15-09 12:02 AM
    Nope... that's normal.
    05-15-09 12:17 AM
    Some shift normal...ur screen movement seems excessive.

Idk about torque tweak, sorry.
    05-15-09 12:25 AM
    yeah, I have another non working storm and it doesn't shift at all....this one shifts too much it seems. I'm not talking about the shift when depressing the screen, I mean horizontally. Like I will turn the unit upside down and it will click because the screen has moved ever so slightly down
    05-15-09 12:49 AM
    Some are like this... you're not seeing anything that hasn't been seen before.
    05-15-09 01:05 AM
    The display free floats inside the frame and has no mechanical connection to anything. There has to be room to move or it would get stuck.
    05-15-09 01:32 AM
    The display free floats inside the frame and has no mechanical connection to anything. There has to be room to move or it would get stuck.
    that's what i say
    05-15-09 02:32 AM
    that's what i say
    I think I better leave that alone...lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 02:55 AM
    Must be inherent in some storms only.... Mine only wiggles if I mash and push against the touch screen with more force than is necessary.

05-15-09 09:16 AM
    My first storm had a ton of wiggle, this one has none. Both the test ones in my local Verizon store also had quite a bit of play, so I'd guess its more common than not

05-15-09 09:26 AM
    Mine rattles when you shake it, been like that from day one.
    05-15-09 09:31 AM
    it's one of those things... if it bothers you a lot, then yea it can be an issue

if it doesn't bother you, then don't worry about it. does not affect the performance of the phone negatively in any way

even with the screen wiggle the storm feels more solid in my hands than the cheap feeling curve (pearl flip was pretty solid feeling surprisingly tho)
    05-15-09 09:34 AM
    ^ i thought i was the only one who thought the curve seemed cheap feeling. good to know others agree. compared to the storm which feels more professional and "heavier".
    05-15-09 09:39 AM
    yeah I also agree the curve is flimsy with it's plastic housing. This design is better I like the weight even though others hate it.
    05-15-09 10:56 AM
    I believe the initial builds of Storms had the wiggly screen but after the first build or 2 they fixed it. At least that is what I was told by a Bell rep.
    05-15-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD