i know for a fact that it can be done because i was playing guitar hero on my storm and all you have to do is touch stuff for it to react on that game...you dont have to press down at all. now the big question is when is someone going to make it so you can type like the iphone on the storm? and if there is someone developing something like that do you have an idea when its going to be out?
    02-28-09 09:11 PM
    It can't be done unless RIM does it. Sure the storm can pickup on touch events, but developers have no access to the keyboard. We can't change any aspects of the keyboard, so unless RIM does it, it wont happen.

P.S. Why do you say the iphone? You know how many other touch screen keyboards type like that? You should have said the lg dare atleast re a verizon phone =)
    02-28-09 09:13 PM
    It's never been a question of if it worked (touch screen)....
    02-28-09 09:14 PM
    Can we do this like the iphone? Can we do that like the iphone? You people disgust me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 09:20 PM
    Can we do this like the iphone? Can we do that like the iphone? You people disgust me!

And people who cant admit that the iphone does some things better ie. the threaded messages disgust me.
    02-28-09 09:21 PM
    please go get an i phone if you want to type like that, i personally love the storm typing and think it is far superior to any touch screen out there in forms of accuracy and choices for typing.
    02-28-09 09:22 PM
    please go get an i phone if you want to type like that, i personally love the storm typing and think it is far superior to any touch screen out there in forms of accuracy and choices for typing.
    I dunno I think I make just as many errors on this phone as any other one lol.
    02-28-09 09:29 PM
    And people who cant admit that the iphone does some things better ie. the threaded messages disgust me.
    I have no problem admitting that. I'm just saying that if that's what I wanted, that's what I would have bought!

02-28-09 09:42 PM
    Forget the keyboard! You have Guitar Hero running on your Storm? How well does it work, I've wanted to buy it, but haven't found anywhere that says it will work good for it.
    02-28-09 09:47 PM
    I have no problem admitting that. I'm just saying that if that's what I wanted, that's what I would have bought!

No. You weren't just saying that. You were being a huge ****. Especially to STORM user. It's one thing when some people here are rude to iPhone users but you turned on one of your own for asking a simple question.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to take the best features of both devices, the iPhone and the Storm, and meld them where possible. You have to admit that if there were two devices that could be combined to make a perfect one, it would be the Storm and the iPhone.
    02-28-09 09:49 PM
    No. You weren't just saying that. You were being a huge ****. Especially to STORM user. It's one thing when some people here are rude to iPhone users but you turned on one of your own for asking a simple question.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to take the best features of both devices, the iPhone and the Storm, and meld them where possible. You have to admit that if there were two devices that could be combined to make a perfect one, it would be the Storm and the iPhone.
    I'm not being a huge ****. I spend a lot of time on CrackBerry and this is a constant PITA! I bought a Storm because I wanted a Storm. The iphone is fine, if that's what you want, but the constant comparisons are getting pretty old. Let RIM do what they do because IMO they have produced a great phone!

02-28-09 09:57 PM
    I'm not being a huge ****. I spend a lot of time on CrackBerry and this is a constant PITA! I bought a Storm because I wanted a Storm. The iphone is fine, if that's what you want, but the constant comparisons are getting pretty old. Let RIM do what they do because IMO they have produced a great phone!

The OP wasn't doing a comparison, he simply wanted to know if software could be written to make the keyboard work like that on the iPhone. You responded as if he were an iPhone user hating on the Storm. I didn't read anything about a comparison, good or bad, to the iPhone. Just a desire to have a "choice" whether or not to be able to use it like that of the iPhone.

Just not sure why you felt like that was worth busting his chops over. Especially since, AGAIN, the OP is a Storm user. He bought and is using the Storm. Don't start treating a Storm user like a troll in a Blackberry forum.

If you'd take a step back from yourself, you'd see you clearly overreacted and was clearing rude to a fellow BB user.
    02-28-09 10:17 PM
    I want an iphone

02-28-09 11:20 PM

the typing is actually the only thing i dislike ***hole
    03-01-09 12:06 AM
    WOW. soon as someone says iphone, people want to commit murder. Im a techie. WHO CARES.
    03-01-09 12:13 AM
    Forget the keyboard! You have Guitar Hero running on your Storm? How well does it work, I've wanted to buy it, but haven't found anywhere that says it will work good for it.
    it works ok...some people have been having problems but mines been great
    03-01-09 12:16 AM
    I'm going to go ahead and say that even though the whole idea of the Storm is the clicking screen, it would be nice to be able to switch to being able to just tap it for times when I want to type a little quieter, during class and such.
    03-01-09 12:50 AM
    People need to realise the reason everything is being compared to the iphone because they are one of the biggest... If not the biggest competitor for the storm. They were here first however so they got to some good ideas first. We don't want an iphone just certain aspects of it that make it a good phone. Sure we want stuff that hasn't been though of yet or things they can't have, ie clickable screen, but the more options we have, the better.

No need to jump on people who would like similarities

03-01-09 06:38 AM
    People seem to forget that the whole point of the click screen was to provide that tactile feedback you get when pressing a button. RIM will not be making a touch keyboard, as I said, it defeats the purpose of them engineering a clicking screen.

Perhaps they'll release another blackberry without a click screen, but until then. Don't be expecting this feature.

I personally love it, feels just like typing on a keyboard for me and I am more accurate using it than I was on my iPhone. While being just as fast.
    03-01-09 06:48 AM

Wow, that was a strong statement.

03-01-09 06:54 AM
    I used the HTC Touch for the last year and I have to say I've found a bit easier to type with the click. The larger screen is a small advantage over the Touch, but being able to quickly confirm what you want to type helps, I hope that makes sense. That's me though.
    03-01-09 06:55 AM
    Touchscreen phones have been around long before iphone. What apple did was buy the companies that had the software work to make it play nice with there OS and then patient it. Apple they have money to spend and only one phone to work with. I just love reading storm threads with all the apple request maybe Kevin should have a apple request section in here. Or better yet let's get apple to buy Rim and then we can have it both ways.

Last edited by moosc; 03-01-09 at 12:57 PM.
    03-01-09 09:27 AM
    Touchscreen phones have been around long before iphone. What apple did wad buy the companies that had the software work to make it play nice with there OS and then patient it. Be Apple they have money to spend and only one phone to work with. I just love reading storm threads with all the apple request maybe kevin should have a apple request section in here. Or better yet let's get apple to buy Rim and then we can have it both ways.

LOL .... well said.
    03-01-09 09:36 AM
    I just wish you all would proofread your posts.

03-01-09 09:48 AM
    I am all for having a touch only option on the storm if people want it... but now that I have one.. it becomes obvious that touch only typing on a screen that bounces would be a very frustrating situation... IMAO.
    03-01-09 10:06 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD