View Poll Results: Should RIM Get Rid of Sure Press?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Hate it, or BB doesn't need it!

10 10.75%
  • NO! - I Bought the Storm because of Sure Press!

73 78.49%
  • I don't care one way or the other!

10 10.75%
    One daughter has a storm 2 and my other daughter has a motorola droid. the touch screens are totally different. night/day! I like the droids screen much better. The BB touch/click? screen is to anoying. my question is; does anyone think that rim will abandon this touch/click screen in favor of a more user friendly screen like the droid or Iphone?
    06-18-10 01:55 PM
    "more user friendly" depends on which user you are talking about. i hate the non click touch screen of the droid and iphone. the main reason i chose the storm 2 over the droid is because of the click screen.
    06-18-10 01:58 PM
    Rumor has it that future BB touch screens will not "click". I'm not a fan of the surepress either.
    06-18-10 02:01 PM
    "more user friendly" depends on which user you are talking about. i hate the non click touch screen of the droid and iphone. the main reason i chose the storm 2 over the droid is because of the click screen.
    Touche'--pesonal prefence I agree, just seems like the ones that I know don't like the click screen. Just asking a question to see what the rumor mill is spitting out.
    06-18-10 02:06 PM
    Yea im sure i could get use to not having the surepress, but when playing with the storm 2, droid, and the incredible, one of the things that one me over was deffinately the surepress and the size of the screen/keyboard in landscape.
    06-18-10 02:08 PM
    I actually like. Surepress, my only dislike is how loud the typing can be......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 03:21 PM
    I edited the titled and I added a poll Myself I really don't care. I like sure press, but I can live without it, as I may have to do when I get my 9800.
    06-18-10 03:46 PM
    There was already a poll on the front page a while ago with thousands of votes. Turns out that more people like SurePress than dislike, but most prefer it as an option. This was back before the release of the Storm2 though.

06-18-10 03:58 PM
    I played with a friend's S2 and didn't really like the SurePress screen.
    06-18-10 04:07 PM
    i like the surepress input on my s2, but BB autocorrect/spell check is AWFUL compared to other operating systems. for some reason BB correction seems to focus on spelling errors instead of input errors, which really bothers me. instead of looking for words similar in spelling to an incorrectly entered word, correction should suggest words with letters that are close to the incorrect ones on the keyboard. for example, if i want to type "home" but accidentally type "gome" the suggestions are "gnome", "gone", "gum", etc., instead of realising that "h" is close to "g" on the keyboard and suggesting "home". the android and iphone correct spelling actually enables me to type faster on them, even though i prefer the S2 and surepress input.
    06-18-10 04:15 PM
    Prefer the surepress, have tried the others, not interested.
    06-18-10 05:37 PM
    Can't live without Sure Press. It was one of the main features I love BB over competitors.

Storm 1 sure press was cool but Storm 2's just went way beyond. Can't wait to see the Storm 3. They get rid of sure press I will be really upset. I need sure press! It's so much easier to type and navigate then any touch screen out there including any iPhone or Droid phone. I would pick the S2 still over that any day. I want a phone that I can use comfortably and nothing out there yet can beat the Surepress on the Storm 2.
    06-18-10 05:42 PM
    i like the surepress input on my s2, but BB autocorrect/spell check is AWFUL compared to other operating systems. for some reason BB correction seems to focus on spelling errors instead of input errors, which really bothers me. instead of looking for words similar in spelling to an incorrectly entered word, correction should suggest words with letters that are close to the incorrect ones on the keyboard. for example, if i want to type "home" but accidentally type "gome" the suggestions are "gnome", "gone", "gum", etc., instead of realising that "h" is close to "g" on the keyboard and suggesting "home". the android and iphone correct spelling actually enables me to type faster on them, even though i prefer the S2 and surepress input.
    The letters "n" and "m" are pretty close too so I can see "gone" popping up. I find auto-correct to be pretty accurate.

But anyways, I prefer surepress. I hope RIM keeps it in the future. If not, I can get used to a hard screen but this has been such a nice transition from physical keyboards.

06-18-10 06:03 PM
    I think ideally there would be the option to have the screen lock in place an act as a strictly touch device if the user wanted to, or to have surepress.
    06-18-10 06:11 PM
    Surepress is nice, I like to see how it evolves when the Storm 3 is out.

06-18-10 08:35 PM
    I like SurePress and therefore voted that it was the reason that I bought the Storm 2. However, it's not the only reason and I could see myself using a device like the slider despite it's lack of SurePress. Nevertheless, I wouldn't stray from the Storm line if they did away with it, mainly due to me preferring the BB OS.

Really, I like what a lot of people have suggested, which is having an option so the user can decide to turn it off.
    06-18-10 08:42 PM
    I like the sure press but I was told by a rep at Vzw that it is going away the storm 2 is the last device to have it. She told me a rim rep told them at a new product meeting.

06-18-10 09:13 PM
    Love Surepress. It's one of the main reasons I bought a storm.
    I don't know why people think RIM has to get rid of Surpress to offer a touch screen.
    RIM offers lots of options. Physical keyboard, touch screen(slider), surepress(storm). I can see them coming out with other touch screens on Bold and Curve. I think they will keep Surepress on the Storm as an option for all the customers who really like Surepress.
    Variety is the spice of life. RIM isn't a one-phone company like Apple.
    06-18-10 11:17 PM
    I like the sure press but I was told by a rep at Vzw that it is going away the storm 2 is the last device to have it. She told me a rim rep told them at a new product meeting.

I suppose it could be true (hope not!), but I would NEVER, EVER take the word of a VZW rep. Despite what they may try and make you believe, they don't know any more than we do about upcoming BlackBerrys and in most cases they just don't know anything at all...lol!
    06-19-10 01:13 AM
    Can't live without Sure Press. It was one of the main features I love BB over competitors.

Storm 1 sure press was cool but Storm 2's just went way beyond. Can't wait to see the Storm 3. They get rid of sure press I will be really upset. I need sure press! It's so much easier to type and navigate then any touch screen out there including any iPhone or Droid phone. I would pick the S2 still over that any day. I want a phone that I can use comfortably and nothing out there yet can beat the Surepress on the Storm 2.
    Couldn't have said it better...I love being able to "select" what I want and then "press" to validate that selection. Tapping on a hard piece of glass is not my idea of a "good time."
    06-19-10 07:53 AM
    my wife has the lg chocolate touch and i hate everything about that style of touch screen....
    06-19-10 09:00 AM
    After having the storm2 for several months I think surepress is a gimmick. A regular touch screen would be fine and reduce weight and cost. Give me a better browser and keep the surepress.

06-19-10 11:03 AM
    The S2 has the best touchscreen available on the market IMO.
    06-19-10 10:02 PM
    After having the storm2 for several months I think surepress is a gimmick. A regular touch screen would be fine and reduce weight and cost. Give me a better browser and keep the surepress.

Then get rid of it and get yourself an android or Jesus phone.
    06-19-10 10:24 PM

why is surepress a gimmick? I can type a lot faster on my storm2 vs my iphone.

06-20-10 06:41 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD