Here is the deal.
    I got a 9530 Blackberry Storm and a lot of the times that I use it, the screen starts to malfunction. Lets say i click on one button in the middle of the screen. It will think i clicked the Icon all the way to the left and not function. I have not dropped my phone and its just acting up like this. I have tried a soft reset (considering that i have to do that every time it acts up anyway) and it doesn't do much except fix the problem temporarily. I have also tried minor fixes such as replacing the screen cover and wiping the screen down with a dry cloth. Still, I got nothing.
    Anyone wanna help me?
    07-21-09 09:02 AM
    Well you can try to change the function of the touch screen by two ways. The easiest is to take a bit of paper such as a business card and fold it in half and cut it to about 1 inch by 1/2 inch and place it directly under the battery as far toward the center of the phone as possible (long edge toward the battery connector). If this helps, great. If not or if you touch screen will not work at all, the other option is to adjust the two small screws on each side under the battery cover with a small Torx driver (T-7 I think). One of these screws is under the red sticker which can be lifted intact with a pin. Tighten or loosen the screws to adjust the touch screen sensitivity. One warning is that if you make the screws too loose, the SIM card will loose its connection and you will get errors. If that happens, just tighten them a bit. Of course the best bet may be to just have it replaced if under warranty.
    07-21-09 09:15 AM
    If clicking an icon...when you click does the icon highlight first?
    07-21-09 09:17 AM
    for the paper, i have tried that. as for the screw, i have not tried that yet and i will, thank you. and, no it does not highlight, it just moves all the way across the screen.
    07-21-09 09:22 AM
    I have noticed that my touch screen has become less sensitive as well (screen sensitivity set to highest level already). Sometimes it seems the screen is simply not detecting my touch....weird. Not sure what the problem is.
    07-21-09 09:24 AM
    Do manual battery pull w/device on. If still unresolved, contact

VZW @ 1 800 922 0204

Tech support may walk u thru backup/wipe/reload OS or send replacement straight away.
    07-21-09 09:26 AM
    BTW if u have themes &/or screenlock, u cd try uninstalling via options > advanced options > applications > hilite item > menu > delete + reboot.
    07-21-09 09:36 AM
    mine has a similar problem, where it wont detect any touch. usually if i press the center of the screen and "jiggle" it for a few seconds, it will respond again. I think it is a loose connection, unfortunatly when i get to a verizon store to show them, the screen works. im gonna try the torx ajustment method and see if that helps.
    07-21-09 09:40 AM
    well i need some of the apps that i have such as tetherberry. if i do get a new device, will they transfer that app and the rest of the data?
    07-21-09 10:01 AM
    I get this problem. A battery pull, though inconvenient, does solve this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 10:08 AM
    Re replacement, as VZW will likely tell u, use Desktop Mgr Device Switch Wizard (way easy!) on ur computer 2 transfer all from old 2 new device.
    07-21-09 10:11 AM
    well i need some of the apps that i have such as tetherberry. if i do get a new device, will they transfer that app and the rest of the data?
    No, they will send you a replacement device first. Then, you are to take your old device and put in the packaging they provide when the replacement arrives and send it back. All the backing up and transferring of data falls onto you. Do a device switch from the Desktop Manager.
    07-21-09 10:13 AM
    Are you guys having this problem when going from a climate controlled envirovent to a hot humid one?
    I've noticed that when going outside or getting out of your car, sometimes the screen needs to adapt to the climate.

07-21-09 10:14 AM
    Are you guys having this problem when going from a climate controlled envirovent to a hot humid one?
    I've noticed that when going outside or getting out of your car, sometimes the screen needs to adapt to the climate.

thank you guyz and as for the quote, i have also noticed that. i went from a humid to a dryer environment and that has kind of messed it up
    07-21-09 10:18 AM
    I too have also notice that when my storm is exposed to high heat then only the bottom left corner works on the screen. Before I would do a battery pull to resolve issue, but last time it happened I put the phone in front of the a/c for 30 seconds and the screen started working fine again. This only started to happen when the temp in my area started to hit 100 deg.
    07-21-09 10:33 AM
    that might just be the problem. thank you
    07-21-09 10:36 AM
    I been having the same problem as well. I can't use the phone if i just got out of the shower and my hands are warm, and i go camping a lot during the summer and can't use my phone at night when around the campfire. which is a little annoying, but for calls i set one of the convenience buttons for voice dial, so i am never stuck with a touch screen paper weight.
    07-21-09 10:57 AM
    Yeah I think if its due to environmental circumstances, the battery pull is a placebo. But the time it boots up the screen is acclimated.

07-21-09 10:57 AM
    someone said something about a theme as the culprit for a unresponsive touchscreen? Meaning that installing a particular theme might reduce responsiveness - which uninstalling would then fix. Did I u derstand that correctly?
    04-18-10 02:16 PM
    Mine has the touch of god problem where sometimes the screen senses a finger right on the top part where the clock is at. I'd click on an icon and it multi touches rendering my click unmaterialized.

04-18-10 10:38 PM
    And I think I've got the answer to touch of god. Well, several probabilities in fact.

The screen was at the point of deteriorating; it was not detecting 90% of the time.
    I reversed the Torx fix and it was a bit better, so I thought, ' hardware '.

Disassembled the casing down to removing the screen connectors. Re placed ( wiggled ) the top right single wire black connector. Reassembled with just enough torque, everywhere including the mid screws.

At this point I had ruined the stock screen protector, so I removed it completely.

Turned the thing on and lo and behold, 24hrs of perfect screen behaviour.

Might be the tightening of screws, might be the lack of protector, but it works **** well now!

ps paper under battery destressed the midplate too much, creating 'Insert SIM' errors, that I have resorted to the paper under battery cover method which works as well and allows easier tweaking needing no battery pull.
    04-21-10 09:52 PM
    My 9530's screen is becoming more and more unresponsive...tried endless battery pulls, new (and no) screen protector, screen cleanings, changing sensitivities, new battery...nothing works. Have not yet messed with TORX adjustment screws, nor wiped and reinstalled everything. I press one area and get another area selected - or lots of things selected. scrolling is all but impossible. I am not touching two places at once, though it acts like I am. I have two pieces of paper under the battery. Am out of warranty. I wonder how one "adjusts the digitizer"? Zen Perfect Theme. BTW - I know how to use the storm; it's the same house with the same humidity with the same fingers (tips, edges, hot cold, dry, etc) --something changed. it sucks. Verizon user about to get Droid X.
    01-28-11 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD