My storm had a heart attack and is now mentally ill. The touch screen is going crazy. I touch one thing and the screen with choose something else, or not register my touch at all. The accelerometer is faulty (can only view Browser in landscape view on one side). I figured I could just do a battery pull and everything would be fine, or just get used to the phone being faulty but it has come to REALLY get on my nerves.

I have decided that the time has come to take it to the verizon store. What I am looking to find out is what do you think is going to happen? Will they replace my phone? Or do something on the spot to fix my problems?

If they replace the phone... will all of my settings be transfered? Contacts? Email settings? Browser favorites? Media? Phone settings? It would be a real pain in the *** to have to try to replace/ fix all of those things.

Thanks in advance!
    06-03-09 08:50 PM
    if you return it verizon will just give you another one. do yourself a favor in regards to transferring.....
    make sure you backup the phone before you take it in.
    also run the device swiitch wizard and when the time comes to plug the 2nd phone in, leave it open. that way you can come back to where you left off by plugging the replacement in and finishing the process. hope this helps.
    06-03-09 08:54 PM
    Thanks dude.

What exactly is the transfer wizard? And have any tips as to how to swap devices most efficiently?
    06-03-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD