in all four direction. i am able to push them toward each direction. is it damage or is designed this way?

also, is there a shortcut to show and hide the keyboard? right now i have to click menu and then scroll down and hide/show keyboard.
    02-24-09 11:54 AM
    your screen is fine.

for the keyboard, start with your finger on the top row, and run your finger kinda fast down the keyboard, it then will dissapear
    02-24-09 11:57 AM
    You can also program one of the convenience buttons on the side of your phone to open and close the keyboard. This can be done in the options menu, under keyboard/screen. Select Virtual keyboard on one or both buttons.
    02-24-09 12:08 PM
    Swipe from the bottom up to make your keyboard re-appear.
    02-24-09 12:09 PM
    your screen is fine.
    How do you know, Dr. Phil?

My screen is about ready to fall off. It rattles when you tilt it it's so loose.

To the OP, some screen wiggle is normal. If it's excessive, then you should probably look into replacing it (if you're under 30 days). Head to a VZW store and play with a couple to see if yours is normal. Also, have them look at it if the screen feels much looser than the floor models (which may be broken in [or just broken]).
    02-24-09 12:11 PM
    the very fact that this is a common question says something to me

"is it supposed to be THIS LOOSE?"
    02-24-09 12:22 PM
    The display is free floating inside the frame and the bottom of the display is wider than the top. Think of it like a picture frame with the picture inside. There is a little extra space so the display doesn't get hung up while being pressed and that's why it moves a little. It's kind of hard for me to explain, but if you were to take your Storm apart or see one taken apart you would go "ohhhhh, I see how that works!" And the display isn't going to just fall out unless the frame around it is completely destroyed or removed.
    02-24-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD