Anyone else having trouble pushing the corners of the scren? i'm wondering if its just my phone or other people have this too. Basically the screen (near the green send button) doesn't click as well as the rest of the screen, do u guys have the same issue?
    11-22-08 04:52 PM
    I have the same issue. For example when trying to push backspace to delete some of the words i misspelled, it's really hard to click on that edge.
    11-22-08 04:54 PM
    I am alos having the same issue near the top of the screen
    11-22-08 04:55 PM
    ok, its not too bad, i just push a little harder there. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with this issue. Especially considering i waited in like for almost 5 hours for the phone.
    11-22-08 04:56 PM
    Same here.. went to the Vodafone Store and played with a Demo - touch was so much better even around the edges. Sooo.. I returned mine.

The new one should arrive on monday...
    11-22-08 05:02 PM
    My brother got his yesterday morning and i spent about a 2 hours with it the screen was awsome not hard to click in the corners, easy to type. I got my phone this morning and the screen wiggles way more than his did, it's harder to type and the corners are way harder to push I'm going to compare them side by side tomorrow again, and possibly see if i can get a replacement.
    11-22-08 05:02 PM
    Kev, let me know what happens. Sounds like i may have to go in and see if i can get a swap...
    11-22-08 05:05 PM
    whent in and tried to get it replace and they said not a valid reason :x gaaay
    11-22-08 05:11 PM
    ^^WTF? if i heard that oh man I'd be pissed, I waited 5 hours for this phone, it better damn well work perfectly
    11-22-08 05:12 PM
    Just lie lol next time, say it keeps freezing for over a minute at a time at least a few times a day and they can't test it out for that really.
    11-22-08 05:13 PM
    from what I've read, this is because the actual button beneath the screen is quite small, and in the center...so the edges are always going to require you to push a bit harder...one of the reviews I read about the storm said they took apart the phone and saw the button etc...ehh, it's not that bad, you get used to it...it's a price we pay for the "button" feel...maybe the next touchscreen phone will have a bigger "button"...heh...
    11-22-08 05:14 PM
    yah should have and i know what ur feeling lol i waited from 11 30 pm to 7 am next day in the freezing cold was the first one to get it here and they wont get me one with a screen that works ... its bull **** !
    11-22-08 05:15 PM
    Now that sucks.. O.o

Its definitely a reason to get it replaced. Are there any storm-demos in that shop that work better (=as intended)?
    11-22-08 05:19 PM
    yah should have and i know what ur feeling lol i waited from 11 30 pm to 7 am next day in the freezing cold was the first one to get it here and they wont get me one with a screen that works ... its bull **** !
    The store opened at 9am I got there right at 9am and was 60th in line with 80 phones available. The vzw computers crashed so they couldnt activate any phones and every1 was forced to just sit there as they manuall activated each phone, all in all took 5 hours+
    11-22-08 05:25 PM
    80 phones??? What the hell? I keep hearing about this. How is it that some stores get 80 phones, when here in the Metro Philly area, most stores got 5 or 10?
    11-22-08 05:51 PM
    I got mine replaced for that reason. I think it is valid and having a working screen makes a huge difference.
    11-22-08 05:52 PM
    I just went to the verizon store today to compare. I have had the same issue with it not clicking around the edges. IT IS INDEED A HARDWARE ISSUE!!! The phones with the problems have the older version of the metal plate on the inside of the phone. The newer one has a dome for the button and metal plate whereas i believe the ones we have are a cylinder. If you have an issue with it clicking around the edges GO INTO THE STORE AND COMPARE and get a new one! I went in and had them order me one. I will get word of when i can get it on monday. I verified myself by looking at the phones closely. You can see around the edges how beefy the new style is compared to the one i have. I've been meaning to go in and get a new one since the second i got it, i just didnt know for sure. But after seeing the demo in the store...you can tell the difference side by side. Best advice is to just go in and see for yourself.
    11-22-08 08:55 PM
    I am alos having the same issue near the top of the screen
    same here, the top of the screen is pretty hard, yet by the buttons.....no problem.
    11-22-08 09:05 PM
    Mine is nearly impossible to push in in the lower left corner. An area about .5" x .5" ... I will definitely have to give Verizon a call and have it replaced.
    11-22-08 09:19 PM
    hazlet, nj had about 25 people lined up prior to 8am, 40 phones in stock.. and about another 20 people showed up before i left at 9:10. the whole order for me took 65 minutes... crazy slow but at least i was one of the first there so it was processed before the systems went down
    11-22-08 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD