I have had my Storm 2 since they were released. Updated to .607 from .320 and then eventually updated to .713. I did both of these updates OTA. Today I plugged the storm into my computer to do a backup and I was instructed there was some updates to be done to my BB. After doing the 30-40 min update everything seems to be normal with the BB except now when I go to options>advanced options the place where I could check for any updates is now gone. I can no longer check for OTA updates. Does anyone know what could have happened here? Also since that update option is gone where can I check to see what version of 5.0 is now on the phone? Thanks in advance.
    07-18-10 12:08 PM
    I have had my Storm 2 since they were released. Updated to .607 from .320 and then eventually updated to .713. I did both of these updates OTA. Today I plugged the storm into my computer to do a backup and I was instructed there was some updates to be done to my BB. After doing the 30-40 min update everything seems to be normal with the BB except now when I go to options>advanced options the place where I could check for any updates is now gone. I can no longer check for OTA updates. Does anyone know what could have happened here? Also since that update option is gone where can I check to see what version of 5.0 is now on the phone? Thanks in advance.
    What happened is a known bug in desktop manager. Usually when you plug it in and it tells you there is updates just hit cancel. What it did was just reinstalled the same thing on your phone. As far as no ota updates, i dunno. Did you have a shrinked os on your pc? Maybe resend service books?

email settings>log in>hit bb menu>service books>send service books
    or
    options>advanced options>host routing table>bb menu>register now

You can see what os version you have by going to options>about and the 3rd line will say "v5.0.0.xxx"
    07-18-10 12:17 PM
    Weird...

Hydroz has identified how to check your version, but if you are unable to check for updates OTA, you might have to wipe and reinstall the OS. Personally, I do not like OTA updates at all, too much can go wrong. I've always done updates via DM and never, ever had a problem. Good luck and let us know what you find out.
    07-18-10 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD