If you haven't seen it yet, video of the new TG01 is up at:
    Toshiba TG01 Video €“ 5min.com

There are a few things that caught my attention, like the large screen, Qualcomm snapdragon, and flash support in the browser.

My Storm's not perfect, but after watching that video I realize just how much nicer the Storm's UI is compared with that hacked winmo interface. I just cringed when watching how the hand model is interacting with that TG01.

Competition is good. Hopefully this will push RIM/Adobe to implement flash for BBs.

Edit: accidentally posted to main forum... mods, please help me move this to rants/raves.
    Last edited by buxleyp; 02-15-09 at 11:39 PM.
    02-15-09 11:36 PM
    Why do they continue to build on top of that platform if they feel the need to supplant the UI?
    02-16-09 08:48 PM
    the omnia hd looks like its going to be a competitor to all touch phones. im pretty sure its not running winmo and it looks sleek as he||. but as far as the tg01 goes, the interface is disgusting.
    02-16-09 10:36 PM
    Ok, accelerometers are fun and productive. Can be used for games or switching orientation without pressing a button.

But there's no way in Hades I would be shaking my phone to close an app
    02-16-09 11:13 PM
    yeah that was the most ugliest ui i ever saw
    02-17-09 01:28 AM
    Say what you want, but that phone takes less then a minute too boot up. Don't get me wrong I love my Storm, but have you timed the boot up process lately?

Def some things about this phone I would like to see incorporated into the Storm. The UI though I admit isn't one of them.
    02-17-09 01:43 AM
    I'm giving them the benefit of doubt and writing the UI scheme off to something that easily demonstrates the speed. Contrasting colors and moving panels, ect. If they have any sense, they've already moved whoever was color blind to the next OS project.

I'll take the native Flash support tho.
    02-17-09 01:53 AM
    Say what you want, but that phone takes less then a minute too boot up. Don't get me wrong I love my Storm, but have you timed the boot up process lately?

Def some things about this phone I would like to see incorporated into the Storm. The UI though I admit isn't one of them.
    True, bootup times really need to be sped up on the Storm (perhaps its hardware dependent?)
    02-17-09 09:16 AM
    the omnia hd looks like its going to be a competitor to all touch phones. im pretty sure its not running winmo and it looks sleek as he||. but as far as the tg01 goes, the interface is disgusting.
    Omnia HD has switched to Symbian 60 v5 (as per Nokia 5800 and N97 - looks hideous on those).

As for the Toshiba - reckon that will be private purchase only, and probably godawful battery life. More interested in the Palm Pre which I reckon could be the start of something big, providing Palm have the guts, not to mention the opportunity in the current financial climate, to see this thing through.

Considering the Tosh is running a 1ghz processor, I would have thought they would have tried to make it look a lot more advanced in terms of UI.

I do like the look of the Touch Pro 2, but I can imagine Sony Ericsson being a bit peeved at HTC keeping the Xperia keyboard look for their own use.
    02-17-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD