more than one alert sound when receiving a message. major annoyance
    Amen! I thought I was the only one who was really annoyed about that...
    01-19-09 11:09 AM
    sort of.. i set up text messages to come from my hubby to a certain song and every once in a while, other people's text messages will come thru with the same song.... i've only set up personal ringers for 3 people and it's the only one that messes up.. sooo annoying because when i am at work, and hear his song, i know something important is up... i run to my phone and it's another text message! wth????

How about fixing something so simple as ringtone operation? I've set my ringtones numerous times and the phone will either use whatever ringtone it wants or will not even ring at all! I've missed numerous calls due to this thing not even ringing. The red LED will flash but it will simply not ring. I've gone through all the settings repeatedly and set them to ring at all times, even in the holster, and it will just not work 100% of the time. There is no excuse for a phone to not ring when it's supposed to. It is a phone first, correct? Is anyone else having issues with their ringers?
    01-19-09 11:19 AM
    and here's my thoughts on battery pulls...
    yes i know they may help your phone a little but.. just like rebooting your comptuer.. however.. if i had to reboot my computer as many times as people are doing battery pulls, then i would seriously wonder what the heck is wrong with my computer...
    and i'm not taking about just 'restarting' your computer but actually shutting it down for a little bit and starting it back up.
    01-19-09 11:32 AM
    1- Memory Leak
    2- ability to run apps from the 1gb memory
    3- Answer Button
    4- Memory Card Inseted (VZW LOGO)
    5- Lockups so we will do less battery pull

The Battery life i think is a big issue but not the main issue and the bat. life on this phone it is not bellow avarage for a BIG full touch screen phone
    01-19-09 11:34 AM
    I'd love to see the answer the phone button become alot easier to process.. Its like its froze when i'm doing something and than my phone rings and i want to press answer it wont respond right away its like a five second pause..

really hate that.

That and i'd like to see alot more wireless updates over the phone instead of these leaked updates on the web.
    01-19-09 11:38 AM
    i thought answering the phone problem was just me not knowing what button to push!
    01-19-09 11:44 AM
    My #1 fix....

The Accelerometer is too sensitive - we all know it. RIM should do what other phone manufacturers have taken to doing:

1. Lock to portrait on the home screen
    2. Only allow it to switch in certain applications (messages, browser, media etc)
    3. Add a setting to totally disable it should the user wish.

I believe this would fix a huge amount of the issues people are having - If the phone stayed in portrait on the home screen you would always know what to expect when pulling it out your holster/ pocket. no switching - therefore no delay in opening apps because the phone doesn't realize which way up it is!

Just my opinion!
    01-19-09 06:40 PM
    How about a landscape phone screen? I mount mine horizontally in the car to use as a gps and it's ridiculous when a call comes in and I have to tilt my head sideways to see who's calling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 08:08 PM
    I think screen lock should be adjusted. There shouldn't be any fading of the screen when you lock it (and I noticed that, at least in 86, if it's fading and you click the screen it will brighten it up again), it should immediately be locked and that's it. To me, the physical buttons should be locked as well. Also, maybe the unlock process should be a little less instantaneous. Some press and hold for half a second, one second. I've had occasions on which I removed the phone from my pocket only to discover it unlocked. Also, when locked the accelerometer should be immediately disabled.

I agree with the comment that the accelerometer is sometimes too sensitive. It goes too easily into landscape mode. That also bothers me a little because I think the home screen is too ugly in landscape mode. The elegance you see in portrait is lost when those icons turn into bigger squares.
    01-19-09 08:20 PM
    phonezoo.com where you can take mp3 files off your computer ad make a 30sec clip off any part of any song you have, free!!
    01-19-09 08:28 PM
    Fix the phone, you push speed dial 2 and send and you get if you'd like to make call.. that's BS. you hit speed dial and its insane, they should take a Que from a dumb phone and do the phone right, also you do the send button and instead of dialing last number it takes you to phone book yuk. id like to see a App to change time zones when you travel its a pia also, increase battery, and fix the scrolling its a Pia need faster response scrolling its so embarrassing when you show off the Storm
    01-19-09 08:30 PM
    Fix the Microphone (noise isolation) I still call people with my phone. I constantly get "you sound muffled"
    01-19-09 09:36 PM
    damn, just upgrade to .86 . only 2 issues with .86 are stupid led lights dont stop blinking even if blutooth not active and there are no messages. also stereo bluetooth headsets not working with .86. other than that the phone FLIES. VERY responsive. to get around blinking led lights i disabled them all. i can live with that till another official os comes out.
    01-19-09 09:54 PM
    How about Blackberry Messenger freezing the phone with all the recent OS leaks... Works fine in .75 but freezing in .83 -.86

See http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/bl...5-83-a-135523/
    01-19-09 10:46 PM
    I'm new to BB, so bear with me (former Treo user) I got the storm (VZ) Kinda took a while to get use to it's touch screen. I really was having second thoughts about it, but I do like the fact that it can be used abroad. MY big complaint is this: I have an Audi 2008, cars only 6 mos old. When I first got the Storm the voice dialing function worked great ( an important thing cause I'm always in my car and blind as a bat without reading glasses!) Well the 30 day recision period has expired and the voice dialing function no longer works thru my bluetooth in the car. I'm pissed! This was one of the major functions i deemed necessary in a new phone. Well I brought my 2008 Audi in for service and got a 2009 loaner..and wow, the voice dialing works like a charm! Is this a software fix or is it something else! please help.
    01-27-09 02:16 PM
    I'd like the auto on/off, lock and answer buttons to work reliably....the code for this functionality should be uber simple, so I'm not sure why RIM has problems with this.
    01-28-09 07:38 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD