What are the top five fixes you would like to see RIM incorporate into their next "official update"? Here's my list (while running .85) and hopefully RIM is reading this!!!!

1. Call answer button (Hard and Soft)
    2. All around GUI lag
    3. Accelerometer!!
    4. Battery life
    5. Free memory availability
    01-02-09 12:18 PM
    Odd, all those are fine on my phone.
    01-02-09 12:20 PM
    i think those 5 fixes will fix just about every main issue with the phone right now.. Lets hope the listen!
    01-02-09 12:20 PM
    I only have an issue with the battery life, thats about it. Still not a bad battery life but it could be better.
    01-02-09 12:22 PM
    more than one alert sound when receiving a message. major annoyance
    01-02-09 12:23 PM
    Wanna trade?
    Same here.
    Wanna trade?
    LOL...not on your life!
    01-02-09 12:24 PM
    What are the top five fixes you would like to see RIM incorporate into their next "official update"? Here's my list (while running .85) and hopefully RIM is reading this!!!!

1. Call answer button (Hard and Soft)
    2. All around GUI lag
    3. Accelerometer!!
    4. Battery life
    5. Free memory availability
    Yep, I'd vote for these as well. The phone app could use some help as this is a phone after all.

I wouldnt mind a speed bump either tho mine right now is speedier then ever. The whole closing apps all the time is a drag. Would prefer to have less mem leaks and speed so as not to have to close all apps all the time.

I would like to see the ability to run apps off the 1GB onboard mem and/or the SD card. WinMO makes this possible.
    01-02-09 12:25 PM
    more than one alert sound when receiving a message. major annoyance
    What do you mean? The different sounds for different types of messages? You can individually change those ya know...
    01-02-09 12:25 PM
    Make internet even FASTER.
    01-02-09 12:40 PM
    What do you mean? The different sounds for different types of messages? You can individually change those ya know...
    I think he means, like on standard phones (WMo did this too, very dumb) the phone will make the ringtone sound every couple moments, whether it be 30 seconds/minute/3 minutes/whatever, so that when I/he have it in our pocket or somthing and dont hear it the first time, it'll play the ringtone for, for example, a text message every minute til i open it. and also would love for it to vibrate every minute too.

but i could be wrong, then this is just my opinion
    Last edited by fuller45; 01-02-09 at 01:21 PM.
    01-02-09 01:11 PM
    01-02-09 01:25 PM
    Also fix the memory drain. We should not have to pull the batteries out of our phone every couple days.
    01-02-09 02:41 PM
    Correct the lag time after the green rectangle appears and when you take the shot. It's anywhere from 3 - 5 seconds till the shot is actually taken.
    01-02-09 02:49 PM
    just the ability to lock during a call would make me happy for a while. and yes i know i can use 3rd party apps to do this. yes, i refuse to.
    01-02-09 03:47 PM
    Also fix the memory drain. We should not have to pull the batteries out of our phone every couple days.
    WOW guess this guy never had the Pearl. That's what I call MEM drain.
    For me just more memory for futures applications.
    01-02-09 04:06 PM
    How about typing in the browser? Biggest drag for me.
    01-02-09 06:42 PM
    I think Rim needs to go back to the drawing board with this OS. The instability and bugs are complete BS! I was completely into this phone at first even with all the quirks, but this phone, even after the latest updates, is not ready for the general consumer at all. I pulled my phone from the dock this morning, made 2 calls and received 1 in the last 13 hours and it has 5.6mb’s of memory left and it is barley useable. What gives?!? But, what makes this even more unbearable is the 6 minute reboot. I know that the phone needs to load apps and do some checks, but that’s over the top and way past my patience..

I believe that if RIM does not get this OS working properly SOON, this will go down as one of the biggest flops in the phone industry. I think someone should already be losing their job for the release of such crap. I will return this piece of crap within the next few months if Verizon and Rim don’t get us a usable OS.

Sorry for the rant, but what Verizon and RIM are asking us to put up with is ridiculous… In short, I want them to FIX the OS, make it so I don't have to reboot one or twice a day and then wait for 5-6 minutes for a PHONE to reboot! I don't think the space shuttle takes that long to reboot... This is 2009, there is no excuse or reason for this to take so damn long..
    Last edited by wardo5757; 01-02-09 at 06:55 PM.
    01-02-09 06:53 PM
    I think Rim needs to go back to the drawing board with this OS. The instability and bugs are complete BS! I was completely into this phone at first even with all the quirks, but this phone, even after the latest updates, is not ready for the general consumer at all. I pulled my phone from the dock this morning, made 2 calls and received 1 in the last 13 hours and it has 5.6mb�s of memory left and it is barley useable. What gives?!? But, what makes this even more unbearable is the 6 minute reboot. I know that the phone needs to load apps and do some checks, but that�s over the top and way past my patience..

I believe that if RIM does not get this OS working properly SOON, this will go down as one of the biggest flops in the phone industry. I think someone should already be losing their job for the release of such crap. I will return this piece of crap within the next few months if Verizon and Rim don�t get us a usable OS.

Sorry for the rant, but what Verizon and RIM are asking us to put up with is ridiculous� In short, I want them to FIX the OS, make it so I don't have to reboot one or twice a day and then wait for 5-6 minutes for a PHONE to reboot! I don't think the space shuttle takes that long to reboot... This is 2009, there is no excuse or reason for this to take so damn long..
    All I have to say about your "Rant" is your a DIPSHlT!!!

Any way one of the only issues I have with the Storm is now that I have updated to the latest OS I still do not have working Bluetooth in videos. I know it seems like a silly thing to gripe about but I used the crap out of that!

I would like to see the screen be lockable when on a call but TalkLock Works great so Ehh what ever.

I would like to have the option so select quick dial option within my contacts.

I would love to be able to turn on and off the accelerometer.

BUT more than all that I would like to say that I am glad to see steady improvement in each version of the OS so I am confident that it is going to just a mater of time before all these issues are resolved.

Thanks RIM
    01-02-09 07:15 PM
    All I have to say about your "Rant" is your a DIPSHlT!!!

Any way one of the only issues I have with the Storm is now that I have updated to the latest OS I still do not have working Bluetooth in videos. I know it seems like a silly thing to gripe about but I used the crap out of that!

I would like to see the screen be lockable when on a call but TalkLock Works great so Ehh what ever.

I would like to have the option so select quick dial option within my contacts.

I would love to be able to turn on and off the accelerometer.

BUT more than all that I would like to say that I am glad to see steady improvement in each version of the OS so I am confident that it is going to just a mater of time before all these issues are resolved.

Thanks RIM
    No, I think anyone that would be thanking RIM for the crapy OS they put out is a dip****. A dip**** of the highest!
    01-02-09 07:19 PM
    So why don't you have fix the "Hang and Reboot" anytime you record something with the video camera over 30 seconds long on .75?
    01-02-09 08:01 PM
    1. Screen Lock when in a call
    2. Soft Reset
    3. Message Grouping by Contact
    4. End all Task Button
    5a. Record video in avi or mpeg.
    5b. Camera Flash on and off button
    01-02-09 08:18 PM
    Mine are easy:

FIX THE CONSTANT NEED TO REBOOT. I swear, my phone seems to trip itself up on purpose sometimes without me asking anything all that complicated... I use quickpull and STILL need to physically remove the battery.

Accelerometer. 'Nuff said.

So why don't you have fix the "Hang and Reboot" anytime you record something with the video camera over 30 seconds long on .75?
    ... because it got fixed in .85...
    01-02-09 09:54 PM
    1. Accelerometer
    2. Not having the camera turn on during typing for no reason
    3. battery life
    4. Faster all-around.. seems slow (keep in mind i still have .75)
    5. Bigger contact picture when receiving a call!!! Cmon BB, I bought a phone with a huge screen and then I have to squint to see the picture that comes up when someone calls! It was bigger on my old LG enV.
    01-02-09 10:22 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD