Had the BB8830 before...now a PROUD member of the Storm community.

Having tethering enabled on the 8830, I used it to connect via bluetooth with my TomTom920 to use the traffic services. Worked without any problems.

Now, I'm trying to enable the Storm to do the same. Tethering in enabled and it works as I tested VZAM.

The TT settings for wireless data were input before as follows:

Access point vzw3g
    username [email protected]
    password vzw
    IP Address is automatic and DNS is automatic.
    Dial is #777 and nothing on login script.

TT tries to confirm wireless settings and I get "Unable to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to change your settings?"

Any one shed any light on this?
    11-23-08 04:42 PM
    bump...just in case someone has missed this
    11-24-08 12:25 PM
    Mine works just fine. I don't know why you're having troubles. Did you try a battery pull on your Storm?
    11-24-08 12:28 PM
    I too have tried to link it up with my TT 920 with the above settings and it won't tether (which I have activated on my plan). Doesn't go into modem mode or anything. It's not vzw3g.NET?
    12-03-08 06:11 PM
    Have you guys tried downloading your phone book to the TomTom? I was able to do it to my TomTom Go 730 but only the phone #'s transferred, none of the contact info. It worked fine with my 8830. What gives?
    12-12-08 09:48 PM
    Everyone. I have found a solution for getting TomTom traffic services through the Blackberry Storm. I don't know why it works but it does. Maybe someone else can verify or explain. Here's how:

Pair your TomTom to your storm as described elsewhere. You'll have to use a custom config with access point: vzw3g username: [email protected] password vzw. This is described above.

Now here's the trick. Open the browser on your storm and navigate to any web page. Then let the TomTom try to connect to the plus services. It'll work from there.

Magic. I'm so happy now. Can anyone explain this?
    01-24-09 08:11 AM
    i tried this and it still doesn't work. I have .90 and tomtom 920t. Tried multiple times, different ways and still nothing. Do you click a link then instantly have tomtom look or wait till page loads THEN click tomtom?
    01-25-09 05:12 PM
    I let the tomtom try to establish connection first. Then opened the browser on the blackberry and went to Google and waited for the page to load. Then I told the tomtom, "Yes, I wanted to edit the settings." and put in the vzw3g, [email protected], and vzw. Connection established--have a good day.

Does that help?

I remember I had to do a similar procedure on my Windows Mobile phone. I wonder if it's something to do with the phone not recognizing whatever string it's getting from the tomtom as an internet address maybe? I dunno.
    01-26-09 08:28 AM
    SO far it's not working. I've tried a bunch of different ways. for phone number, including the 1 before the area code? Actually, i've tried that too and hasn't worked. Verizon sucks when it comes to compatibility with other devices. All other carriers welcome it, verizon backs out.
    01-26-09 12:13 PM
    I own a Tom Tom One XL and a 9530 with Verizon. Has anyone been able to tether using these devices? I've tried several times using the info posted above and no luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 04:01 PM
    Do u need a thethering plan to connect to the tomtom

02-10-09 06:01 PM
    Everyone. I have found a solution for getting TomTom traffic services through the Blackberry Storm. I don't know why it works but it does. Maybe someone else can verify or explain. Here's how:

Pair your TomTom to your storm as described elsewhere. You'll have to use a custom config with access point: vzw3g username: [email protected] password vzw. This is described above.

Now here's the trick. Open the browser on your storm and navigate to any web page. Then let the TomTom try to connect to the plus services. It'll work from there.

Magic. I'm so happy now. Can anyone explain this?
    I have a Tom Tom One XL and a 9530 with Verizon. I have the $30 / mo. data plan and have received conflicting stories about what data plan you need in order to tether to a GPS device. I have input all of the information EXACTLY as it is posted (except I substitute [email protected] with my actual phone number) and no luck. Anyone else have any suggestions?
    02-13-09 11:45 AM
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

02-13-09 06:52 PM
    This worked for me (I have a tethering plan):

1. Access point : vzw
    2. username : phonenumberatdun.vzw.com
    3. password : phonenumber
    4. Automatic DHCP and DNS
    5. No script
    6. The Tom Tom completes the set up and then all data works.

Replace "phonenumber" with your cell # and "at" with "@".

It came from the TomTom forums, page 8 of the thread titled Verizon / TT Traffic / Step-by-step .
    02-13-09 07:26 PM
    anyone have any luck?
    04-09-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD