hey everyone,
    just wanted to see if anyone was using the storm, unlocked, on the t-mobile network..i'm getting an unlocked storm...just wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks!
    05-21-09 04:21 PM
    yes, there are several users that post regularly in the OS forum with info. i suggest you use the TMobile thread that's stickied to get yours up and running properly rather than flooding the forums with more commonly asked questions. (I don't mind the occassional question when you run into an issue, but there are far too many questions that get asked near daily that are rewordings of the same thing)

See this thread before you start pokin around and making the flamers angry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    05-21-09 04:25 PM
    yes, there are several users that post regularly in the OS forum with info. i suggest you use the TMobile thread that's stickied to get yours up and running properly rather than flooding the forums with more commonly asked questions. (I don't mind the occassional question when you run into an issue, but there are far too many questions that get asked near daily that are rewordings of the same thing)

See this thread before you start pokin around and making the flamers angry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    Sorry to tell you the truth we dont do that anymore the service books come up automaticly and u dont have to do it manuallly
    05-21-09 04:33 PM
    Sorry to tell you the truth we dont do that anymore the service books come up automaticly and u dont have to do it manuallly
    Good to know. Haven't really looked into it since I activated one for a friend several months ago.
    05-21-09 04:39 PM
    hey everyone,
    just wanted to see if anyone was using the storm, unlocked, on the t-mobile network..i'm getting an unlocked storm...just wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks!
    Ya to better assit you , download the new handheld OS 4.7.148 heres the link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and after download The handheld OS .90 to get the radio file and heres the link for it: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and here are the steps to Install them through my method and have a great day!!!! ( on the bottom ull find how to swap the radio code)
    Last edited by hilu80; 05-21-09 at 04:47 PM.
    05-21-09 04:41 PM
    Ya to better assit you , download the new handheld OS 4.7.148 heres the link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and after download The handheld OS .90 to get the radio file and heres the link for it: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and here are the steps to Install them through my method and have a great day!!!!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sw...o-help-232149/
    05-21-09 04:46 PM
    The Storm will only be running EDGE/edge. So sometimes you cant access your data
    05-21-09 04:47 PM
    Currently using a Storm on T-Mobile with 4.7.0.148 as leaked and all works well.
    05-21-09 06:11 PM
    I'm getting a storm for tmobile in a couple of days. I'm big on new os's. Can I change them frequently and still have everything run smoothly?
    Also, do all 3rd party apps work on the storm? I have a ton on my 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 06:19 PM
    Newbie Question:

How do I find out if I have installed the
    .90 radio correctly? Where can I check?
    05-21-09 06:59 PM
    What is the .90 radio?

05-21-09 07:45 PM
    The Storm will only be running EDGE/edge. So sometimes you cant access your data
    1. ur wrong thats misleaded info
    2. that will only happen if you dont switch the radio code to .90
    3. to tell you the truth ive tested .148 and i gave the .90 radio and it works extremly smooth without freeze better than all OS so far that runs good with the radio code
    05-21-09 10:47 PM
    Newbie Question:

well if you want to find out were it is you have to
    1. install .90
    2. go to my computer> hard drive> program files> common files>research in motion>shared> loader files> and look for the one that says 4.7.90 somethin like tht> click on that> then copy the CDMA folder in somewere in your desktop or documents folder.
    3. unistall the .90
    4. Install .148
    5. do step 2 again but this time your goin to find the folder thats 4.7.148> click on it> then go and replace the CDMA folder with the .90 you saved on the desktop or documents folder
    6.go back to common files> then research in motion> go to apploader file> then delte the vendon on the bottom> and then go to loader and install the OS
    05-21-09 10:57 PM
    I'm getting a storm for tmobile in a couple of days. I'm big on new os's. Can I change them frequently and still have everything run smoothly?
    Also, do all 3rd party apps work on the storm? I have a ton on my 8900.

time to time you will always goin to see a better OS for te phone thats why we recommend that when a new one comes out wait a atleast a few days and look at the forum if its a good update or not then if you decide to download then have fun doing so. and yes 3rd party apps do work but not apps that are compatible with 8900
    05-21-09 11:00 PM
    Newbie Question:

Go to Options, About and it's on the third line. It's the 2nd set of numbers next to "v4.7.0.148" ... It should say .114 at the end. If it does, you've successfully swapped it.
    05-21-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD