I currently have service with t-mobile, I have a blackberry curve 8830. I love blackberry... But, I have been doing some traveling lately and have really noticed that my service thru t-mobile really is horrible. I have been with t-mobile for almost 5yrs... And, price wise I am very happy with them, customer service now complaints... BUT MY GOODNESS SERVICE! Is soooo blotchy! I was looking at the blackberry storm and thought it was pretty cool but have also been paying attention to the reviews and it seems as if a lot of people are unhappy with it... Ive heard that Verizon has wonderful service but also has a nitch for blocking you from certain features on the phone inorder for them to make a profit... Is this true? If so, what can I expect to be charged for through them that I normally wouldn't through T-mobile. What are your views if the bb 8900 vs the bb storm?... Tmobile vs Verizon? Whatever info you can offer or your views is appreciated. Only serious responses please... but the more the better! I am located in New Orleans, LA... Incase location will make a difference.
    03-02-09 03:20 PM
    personally..i would check out the new 8900. Its all up to your personal preference..are you comfortable with your qwerty keyboard? are you open to learn something new?
    03-02-09 03:23 PM
    i am open to learn something new. but, also people are complaining so much about the storm that it makes me a lil hesitant to get it. But, my service with Tmobile is so bad if I leave the city area, and I have heard awesome things about Verizon... But, I am not sure if the hidden fee's and ect is true...
    03-02-09 04:15 PM
    VZW has best service nationwide , a little more pricy than most but i will pay for great service
    03-02-09 05:11 PM
    Verizon's service may be better there, but you will never get the price or customer service you get with TMobile. I love the storm and luckily in Colorado TMobile is established. Like albany said, you will pay for the better service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 05:34 PM
    Verizon's service may be better there, but you will never get the price or customer service you get with TMobile. I love the storm and luckily in Colorado TMobile is established. Like albany said, you will pay for the better service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Never get the customer service of t mobile? If I remember correctly vzw has beat out t mobile in independent reviews for the last few years for customer service. The only thing t mobile has going for it is sim cards, pricing, and no deposit for people w bad credit.
    03-02-09 05:45 PM
    So I went to verizon to play with the storm... And the lag on that phone is ridiculous. Texting was not as hard as other people had made it seem, but it did slow me down a bit bc, if u go to fast with typing and one finger is not completely lifted up entering in the next letter is not possible. There was also a slight lag while going through just viewing the pictures. I left disappointed after being able to play on the phone for about 15mins. And then the let down... A verizon employee tells me " well its not iphone, but at least they can try"... Wow!!! I have played on the 8900 but I am sorry to say tmobiles service just sucks... Any info on if tmobile may merge with anyone any time soon? Or will their coverage improve? I can stick it out with them, if I knew there was something better to come....
    03-02-09 10:57 PM
    since you used to use keyboard phone, BB 8900 maybe more suitable for you.
    03-03-09 12:15 AM
    am i the only one finding it weird that you have an 8830 on t mobile?
    03-03-09 01:06 AM
    Never get the customer service of t mobile? If I remember correctly vzw has beat out t mobile in independent reviews for the last few years for customer service. The only thing t mobile has going for it is sim cards, pricing, and no deposit for people w bad credit.
    Do your homework...

They have won in 7 of the past 8 years.

T-Mobile: Best customer service? - Alt+Save with the Gadgetress - OCRegister.com

Unsupported Browser

Verizon may have better coverage, but I know T-Mobile's customer service is better, and it will probably stay that way. I love their customer service, and they have always helped with anything I need.
    Last edited by TheMerovingian; 03-03-09 at 02:14 AM.
    03-03-09 02:11 AM
    hows att in your area? perhaps go with the bold?
    03-03-09 02:38 AM
    Lots of people are unhappy with it when it's portrayed as an iPhone killer.

Otherwise, it's awesome.

I agree with your assessment that traveling with T-Mobile service is risky. I like VZW's network much better. Customer support is "ehhh" but then again, who isn't?

I'm not sure what services VZW are blocking. I know they don't have WiFi in a great # of phones. But that doesn't matter anyway as all smart phones now need data plans from VZW. I find the plan affordable but I'm part of a family plan and receive a great discount too.

8900 vs the Storm? If you type a lot, the keyboard is probably better. I don't so I appreciate the sleekness of the Storm, the giant screen, and the web viewing capabilities. Also generates a lot more "ooohs and aaahs".
    03-03-09 08:07 AM

8900 vs the Storm? If you type a lot, the keyboard is probably better. I don't so I appreciate the sleekness of the Storm, the giant screen, and the web viewing capabilities. Also generates a lot more "ooohs and aaahs".
    Agreed i have both
    the storm is ok to type until you do not have to copy parts from a email, copy it into another email , or write bigger mails, and then start moving blocks around......
    the suretype system is good as long you do not have to insert words in another language.

The keyboard is great specially in the dark etc. and as DarrVao777 mentioned ooooohhhhhh and aaaahhhhhhs are surly there.

The 8900 is great if you have to type and do all the copy past etc......
    very quick to use.....trackball is great

I really don't know which of both is better.
    03-03-09 09:02 AM
    I'm sorry... I have an 8320... Your finding it weird was rightly so....LOL! So, does anyone know if Tmobiles service will be getting better?... I would go with Att, but I know someone who works there and I don't want them in my business.... So, it kind of deters me. If you had to compare T-mobile, Verizon, Att... What would your view be?.... The more answers the better....
    03-03-09 11:30 AM
    I'm sorry... I have an 8320... Your finding it weird was rightly so....LOL! So, does anyone know if Tmobiles service will be getting better?... I would go with Att, but I know someone who works there and I don't want them in my business.... So, it kind of deters me. If you had to compare T-mobile, Verizon, Att... What would your view be?.... The more answers the better....
    I use ATT because they have the best coverage in the areas that I spend my time. You should ask people where you live and where you travel to that use carriers that aren't yours how good their service is in that area, and use that to make your decision. There is no "one best carrier" contrary to what some people here would have you think.

Otherwise, it's awesome.
    +1. The Storm is not an iPhone killer. It's a touchscreen BB that is an iPhone competitor.
    03-03-09 11:45 AM
    T-mobile has the best prices and probably better customer service but terrible service and a lack of 3g except on the g1. Verizon has the best service, second best customer service, but are a lttle pricey and have a lack of smartphone variety. Att has probably the worst out of the three customer service, the same rate plans as verizon, but the best phones (iphone, bold) and sprint...well....sprint is sprint lol!!! Its just up to what you value more. Ive had all three and Im with verizon now and dont think ll switch so that should tell you what is more important to me. (seriously in 3 years Ive never had a dropped call, I didnt even know what that was until I briefly switched to att)
    03-03-09 11:47 AM
    T-mobile has the best prices and probably better customer service but terrible service and a lack of 3g except on the g1. Verizon has the best service, second best customer service, but are a lttle pricey and have a lack of smartphone variety. Att has probably the worst out of the three customer service, the same rate plans as verizon, but the best phones (iphone, bold) and sprint...well....sprint is sprint lol!!! Its just up to what you value more. Ive had all three and Im with verizon now and dont think ll switch so that should tell you what is more important to me. (seriously in 3 years Ive never had a dropped call, I didnt even know what that was until I briefly switched to att)
    That seems like a fair assessment, but I would not say T-Mobile has horrible service. I suppose it may be in some places, but I have lived on the East Coast as well as here in Colorado and have never had an issue. With that said, I really wish T-Mobile would step up the 3G and get some worthwhile phones so I am not getting my phone from Verizon!
    03-03-09 12:36 PM
    T Mobile pretty much sux here in IN unless your down around Indy then its fair at best
    03-09-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD