I am new to Blackberries. I have a Storm and for the most part like it. But it's software issues and the countless battery pulls are getting tiresome. I am set on waiting for an official OS update, but it is seeming it will never come. Does it take this long to get an os update with all Blackberries, or is it just this phone?
    05-27-09 12:04 AM
    I would suggest that if you have to do a bunch of battery pulls return it for another one. Sounds like your within the 30 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 12:32 AM
    I respect your decision to wait. But I think if you upgraded to OS148 you would not regret it.

05-27-09 12:37 AM
    +1.

and if you don't like the leaked OS, you can always put it back to .75.
    05-27-09 10:26 AM
    i understand that .148 seems to be great, but being a person who has had warranty issues in the past, i would rather wait for the official release. What my real question is, is this how long it normally takes for ANY Blackberry to get an update?
    05-27-09 12:02 PM
    i understand that .148 seems to be great, but being a person who has had warranty issues in the past, i would rather wait for the official release. What my real question is, is this how long it normally takes for ANY Blackberry to get an update?
    Warranty shmorenty......Software can't void warrenty.....IMHO
    We download apps, steam radio etc etc ....is that not software.....
    How they going to know.....who cares.....It's hardware that fails...
    05-27-09 12:06 PM
    Years are not outside the realm of possibility. The 8830 was just upgraded and is almost end of life.

05-27-09 12:07 PM
    Why the heck do you have to do battery pulls constantly?

05-27-09 12:19 PM
    Why the heck do you have to do battery pulls constantly?

It freezes!!! lol you have any genius way other than a battery pull to fix it?
    05-27-09 12:22 PM
    People doing battery pull because they feel the phone is lagging.. Or it could just be OCD.

05-27-09 12:24 PM
    People doing battery pull because they feel the phone is lagging.. Or it could just be OCD.

When the screen turns white or just shuts off i pull the battery...not ocd, just want the damn thing to work. LOL I am just kinda wondering why it is taking so long to get an update to fix these problems? Is it just this phone, this network(Verizon), or is it the same for all Blackberries? From what i have read, I am not alone...
    05-27-09 12:28 PM
    If you put an updated Os on the phone you can always take it back to the original. No way to tell. Anyway if you are feezing already I would switch it out. What are you doing when it freezes?

05-27-09 12:30 PM
    If you put an updated Os on the phone you can always take it back to the original. No way to tell. Anyway if you are feezing already I would switch it out. What are you doing when it freezes?

sometimes nothing...last time it was just unlocking the screen and bam, blank screen. It actually reset itself that time. It doesn't happen too often, but once every other day seems a bit much. Switching it out means a refurb from Verizon...already checked. I prefer a new device. My issue is the length of time it is taking to get an update. I have had the phone since Feb. So it's got me wondering if there will be one ever...
    05-27-09 12:34 PM
    To answer your question...again...yes this is normal. Verizon will release it when they get what they want.

05-27-09 01:19 PM
    What apps do you have installed and such? themes? it could be something you installed on the phone making it do that
    05-27-09 09:31 PM
    .75 has a known issue that will cause the reboots, but it could also be hardware related. my 2nd storm (1st one stopped clicking) would reboot from an incoming message, i think the radio hardware had something wrong with it. calls, anything...it would reboot. and what drum said also, try doing a security "wipe handheld" and re-sync your contacts/ calendar if you need to, and change your settings manually. some of the databases can become corrupt and cause issues.
    05-27-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD