Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Get a life" Tired

56 58.95%
  • Meh! Not so much

15 15.79%
  • I don't care.

24 25.26%
    Is it just me or is anyone else out there happy with their Storm and tired of people bad mouthing it and looking for a their new leaked os fix. PUN INTENDED or DOUBLE ENTENDRE!
    Last edited by Trirod; 06-10-09 at 06:48 PM.
    06-03-09 07:41 PM
    Did you notice you are in the rants forum? Why don't get more than one post under your belt before you start crying and starting a "troll poll" about what you are tired of? How is that any different from the rest of the whining?
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 06-03-09 at 07:58 PM.
    06-03-09 07:54 PM
    I actually agree with op. I'm so happy I found thissforum after I boughtmy storm. I love this phone and seems like almost 70 percent of the people on here hate it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 08:03 PM
    It's the rants forum. Gripping about rants in the rants forum is like complaining about lactose intolerance at Baskin Robbins.
    06-03-09 08:07 PM
    Well, now that I'm running .148 and have adjusted the screws under the batter cover (torx 6) so my screen clicks correctly I LOVE this device...I wasn't so sure when I first got it with a screen that didn't depress in one corner and kept freezing up on version .75

The only complaints that really bug me are people that complain about absent features that were never promised--I have no problem when people complain about stuff that is SUPPOSED to work but doesn't.
    06-03-09 08:32 PM
    Well, now that I'm running .148 and have adjusted the screws under the batter cover (torx 6) so my screen clicks correctly I LOVE this device...I wasn't so sure when I first got it with a screen that didn't depress in one corner and kept freezing up on version .75

The only complaints that really bug me are people that complain about absent features that were never promised--I have no problem when people complain about stuff that is SUPPOSED to work but doesn't.
    100% agreed. Most of the rants that I've read are about hardware and/or software issues and they should be left alone. Especially when many of the complainers actually went to the trouble of replacing their device several times and still had issues.

The powers to be that run this site were wise enough to provide a forum for those who didn't like or just disappointed by the Storm to vent about it. I think they should be allowed to do so without people going up their @$$ sideways about it.
    06-03-09 08:42 PM
    I would be complaining about my Bold if it didn't work like it was suppose to, but it does so I don't complain. The rant forum is a place for people to complain, so if you are going to complain about them complaining where they are suppose to then stop reading that forum.
    06-03-09 09:15 PM
    Eh it just annoys me when people who have never used a blackberry storm, or only used anything less than .148, criticize the phone for being "laggy." I also hate the people who break their phone and blame the phone when they are the one who dropped it from 50 feet onto hard concrete :P
    06-04-09 12:17 AM
    I LOVE MY STORM!!!
    06-04-09 02:47 AM
    Actually, Im pretty happy with my storm
    06-04-09 03:13 AM
    The storm is far from great. Mediocre at best. Most of you just have low standards! *waits for drama to ensue*

06-04-09 04:34 AM
    The storm is far from great. Mediocre at best. Most of you just have low standards! *waits for drama to ensue*

Look like you are talking about yourself when it comes to low standards, the phone have done everything that I need it to do,yes the phone had problems coming out of the gate, what phone don't have problems the Iphone been getting updates,G1 been getting updates, so will the palm pre will when it get out. you my friend had 30 days to give it a try, if you don't like it take it back, look like your standards went out the window a long time ago.
    06-04-09 08:37 AM
    Eh it just annoys me when people who have never used a blackberry storm, or only used anything less than .148, criticize the phone for being "laggy." I also hate the people who break their phone and blame the phone when they are the one who dropped it from 50 feet onto hard concrete :P
    I agree with that but those kind of trolls are rampant in all device forums. I get irritated as well when I read about some troll that writes an extensive rant on the iPhone based on his five minutes of hands on with it at the AT&T store.

Some people had and still have legitimate complaints with the device and have to suffer other members pouring gasoline on them and lighting them up for posting about them. Now some noob comes along and creates a POLL on how sick to h3ll he is (this being his FIRST post) with all the whiners and wants everyone else to chime in to make people feel even worse about posting issues/rants is somehow necessary.

How is that helpful to anyone? It looks to me like just another opportunity mock, hate, and flame anyone who doesn't share his level of enthusiasm with the device and I for one think there are already far too many of those kinds of threads in a place that is meant for people to vent.
    06-04-09 08:45 AM
    LOVE MY STORM !!

Now my wife MEH
    06-04-09 08:46 AM
    It's the rants forum. Gripping about rants in the rants forum is like complaining about lactose intolerance at Baskin Robbins.
    but it is still technically a rant so it's in the right place
    06-04-09 09:31 AM
    but it is still technically a rant so it's in the right place
    I know you are just being funny, but we all know that it's a place to rant about the Storm, not the Storm's users. Thus the title:

Storm Rants and Raves Forums, not Rants and Raves at Storm Users.

When you are hating on a device, that's just hating a thing. When you are hating on people for not liking a device, that's hating people. That, IMO is not the intent or spirit of this forum.
    06-04-09 09:38 AM
    I'ts nice beating up the trolls from time to time.
    06-04-09 09:38 AM
    I'ts nice beating up the trolls from time to time.
    But again, you miss that fact that in THIS particular forum, this and ONLY this forum, you are the troll. You are the instigator and trouble maker. How that is not obvious to you makes my head hurt.

(I don't mean you personally so please don't take direct offense)
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 06-04-09 at 10:11 AM.
    06-04-09 09:39 AM
    if people are whining about their storm ,so why are they bought storm in the first place ? they should be researching all BB devices to see which BB device is best for them but they never do it so they went for the storm too fast, now they ended up regretting for getting storm. but as for me, I have no regrets at all and my storm works fine so far with .122 official release by bell !
    06-04-09 10:12 AM
    if you don't like it then get another phone...
    06-04-09 10:13 AM
    But again, you miss that fact that in THIS particular forum, this and ONLY this forum, you are the troll. You are the instigator and trouble maker. How that is not obvious to you makes my head hurt.

Thanks for your courtesy at the end. This place is a place to come
    learn and share knowlwdge about the phones. So it is nice to have a lil
    fun with it as well. Can't take this stuff too serious.
    So row row your boat gently down the stream.
    Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.
    06-04-09 10:13 AM
    Then don't read the forums.

06-04-09 10:15 AM
    if people are whining about their storm ,so why are they bought storm in the first place ? they should be researching all BB devices to see which BB device is best for them but they never do it so they went for the storm too fast, now they ended up regretting for getting storm. but as for me, I have no regrets at all and my storm works fine so far with .122 official release by bell !
    It doesn't matter WHY they bought it, kept it, or returned it. The point is simply that for whatever reason a user may have to complain, this is the appropriate forum for them to do so.
    06-04-09 10:17 AM

Don't worry dude, no love lost here

But usually we're, even still, not the instigator (i mean...sometimes things get stupid and out of hand, i know where you're comin from and I'm guilty) but most of the time it's the kids like stormsucks131241, that jononononzeeze chick that just keep comin back spreadin fud. Most of the big troll posts start out with things like that "how can people like the storm" thread... just bait all over the place. It does get rough sometimes but i think more and more of us are tired of the storm getting hated on unnecessarily by the same crew week after week.

But you are correct. This is a rant subforum and it's where people are supposed to come to rant, and they do have that right
    06-04-09 10:21 AM
    Thanks for your courtesy at the end. This place is a place to come
    learn and share knowlwdge about the phones. So it is nice to have a lil
    fun with it as well. Can't take this stuff too serious.
    So row row your boat gently down the stream.
    Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.
    I agree with you and you along with a few others that I read so seem not to take the complaints as some personal attack. Nor do you seem to wrap a RIM flag around your neck like a cape like some self appointed defender of all things RIM. Unfortunately, too many here do and I don't really understand why. Discussing issues with those like you in this forum is like trying to carry on a conversation with a table of adults in the middle of a Chuck E Cheese surrounded by a hundred screaming children.

I'll gladly make an a$$ of myself by blindingly defending and being completely loyal to my family and loved ones, but never a product.

Criticizing my Storm or my iPhone does not degrade the user experience for me. Nor does the praising of either enhance it. The only thing that can enhance the end user experience for me is from the excellent tips and tricks I receive from members in both forums. So informative input from members is the only thing that can really make the Storm better for those having issues. Being flamed because your screen doesn't click right, or your device continually resets only serves to make the user experience worse.

Just my opinion.
    06-04-09 10:35 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD