I'm going to be returning my storm today to get another one. Is there like a protocol or certain things that I should do before I turn it in? Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 09:04 AM
    are you returning it or looking for an exchange?
    02-02-09 09:10 AM
    It was pretty straight forward when I went. I was complaining about clicking problems in the corners and along the side. Of course the tech that looked at my phone didn't even know how to get to the options menu so she offered to send me a new one pretty quickly. Most likely they will have you keep your current one and send you a replacement in the mail.
    02-02-09 09:13 AM
    Depends some stores, if in stock can exchange it there. Before the exchange i recommend a wipe..
    02-02-09 09:16 AM
    are you returning it or looking for an exchange?
    I'm just going to replace my current Storm with a new Storm. My current one reboots too much.

02-02-09 09:20 AM
    Before you wipe your old device, you should run the device switcher, which requires both devices, especially if you have purchased any 3rd party applications. When I ran the switcher, it automatically generated new activation codes (!) for my 3rd party apps under the new PIN.

Once that is done, you can go ahead and wipe your old device. Therefore, I don't recommend swapping devices by going into the store--since you'll need to go through the hassle of asking for new activation codes....oh and, by the way, I returned mine for excessive reboots. So far (4 days) the new one is much, much better.
    Last edited by Skeek; 02-02-09 at 10:25 AM. Reason: More info
    02-02-09 10:23 AM
    Before you wipe your old device, you should run the device switcher, which requires both devices, especially if you have purchased any 3rd party applications. When I ran the switcher, it automatically generated new activation codes (!) for my 3rd party apps under the new PIN.

Once that is done, you can go ahead and wipe your old device. Therefore, I don't recommend swapping devices by going into the store--since you'll need to go through the hassle of asking for new activation codes....oh and, by the way, I returned mine for excessive reboots. So far (4 days) the new one is much, much better.
    What activation codes are you talking about? Also I barely have anything on my storm right now (especially no third party apps). Would it still be unwise to get s new phone from in store ?

02-02-09 10:58 AM
    If you don't have any third party apps (non-free ones), it won't matter, just re-download. Still, it's much easier for me to get it over the phone than in the store. (VZW store makes me wait SOOOOO LOOOONG every time I go in there).
    02-04-09 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD