now that the imminent release of the storm is drawing ever nearer, what kind of crackberries would we be if we didn't start hyping up for the next storm!

anyone know the timeline for the NA GSM Storm and the CDMA Storm 2 (approximate release)?
    any speculations or ideas on the specifications of these upcoming devices?
    what will these storms have that the current one will not?

come on crackberries! i know you're all thinking about this too in the back of your head!
    11-11-08 12:20 PM

wifi lol
    11-11-08 12:24 PM
    hopefully LTE?? which would truely get rid of any need for WIFI
    11-11-08 12:27 PM
    You're just opening another can of worms. In a good way. I think this is kind of funny

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 12:36 PM
    Well I don't have the need for another phone once I get the storm so I'm not looking into what's coming. I will be satisfied i'm sure. I thought CX said in a post earlier I read that the NA was coming to GSM & CDMA? I thought that phone looked nice but not sure if I will leave the storm for it lol!! but who knows.
    11-11-08 12:38 PM
    Im either phone stupid or blackberry stupid but whats LTE?
    11-11-08 12:46 PM
    Well I believe that to compete with the Pomegranate phone coming out, the next Storm had better be able to brew a mean cup of coffee.

youtube.com/watch?v=Arsiwvy4IoQ&feature=related

Cause otherwise I sure as heck wont buy it. I'd rather have coffee than wifi.
    11-11-08 12:52 PM

crazy!! and I don't believe it but here is your link

Well I believe that to compete with the Pomegranate phone coming out, the next Storm had better be able to brew a mean cup of coffee.

youtube.com/watch?v=Arsiwvy4IoQ&feature=related

Cause otherwise I sure as heck wont buy it. I'd rather have coffee than wifi.
    11-11-08 12:56 PM
    Boy Genius had an article about the possibility of the Storm 2 and 3 already being in the works... there are suppose to have a 5MP camera with auto focus, 1GB of RAM, and a "near HD quality" screen
    11-11-08 12:59 PM

crazy!! and I don't believe it but here is your link
    Hilarious. I like the language translater too! Better not tell my sister, the language teacher. She'll be out of a job soon!
    11-11-08 01:07 PM
    Im either phone stupid or blackberry stupid but whats LTE?
    LTE is the new 4G network that Verizon will be rolling out hopefully beggining in the next 2 years. I know ATT is going the LTE route aswell, so no more CDMA vs GSM wars, although i do know sprint is taking the WiMax route and they have already begun to roll it out.
    11-11-08 01:10 PM
    What's LTE stand for?

11-11-08 01:16 PM
    What's LTE stand for?

Long Term Evolution
    11-11-08 01:22 PM
    long term evolution
    11-11-08 01:23 PM

wifi lol
    Not if Verizon still has a say in it.
    11-11-08 01:23 PM
    Long term evolution, pretty creative.

11-11-08 01:27 PM
    there are no CDMA blackberries with wifi...NONE. If RIM wants to put it in, I dont think verizon will stop 'em
    11-11-08 01:31 PM
    i remember reading somewhere that the next NA GSM storm is coming out sometime Q2/Q3 2009 and that the CDMA storm 2 is coming out Q3/Q4.

i REALLY hope that they make the phone a bit slimmer (don't get me wrong, it has good dimensions now, but who wouldn't want it slimmer!), stronger processor, higher res screen (a la htc touch HD), larger screen, maybe wifi, and maybe some minor improvements on small bugs they might have found on the current one (bugs that software updates can't fix)

i'm not sure if LTE will be on this one, maybe it'll be LTE capable, but with very little LTE network coverage b/c it hasn't been fully rolled out yet.
    11-11-08 02:12 PM
    there are no CDMA blackberries with wifi...NONE. If RIM wants to put it in, I dont think verizon will stop 'em
    The Niagara has wifi.

i remember reading somewhere that the next NA GSM storm is coming out sometime Q2/Q3 2009 and that the CDMA storm 2 is coming out Q3/Q4.

i REALLY hope that they make the phone a bit slimmer (don't get me wrong, it has good dimensions now, but who wouldn't want it slimmer!), stronger processor, higher res screen (a la htc touch HD), larger screen, maybe wifi, and maybe some minor improvements on small bugs they might have found on the current one (bugs that software updates can't fix)

i'm not sure if LTE will be on this one, maybe it'll be LTE capable, but with very little LTE network coverage b/c it hasn't been fully rolled out yet.
    You will not see a 2nd Gen Verizon Storm next year. There will be a NA GSM version, but Verizon will not get one next year. And the NA GSM version will have wifi.
    11-11-08 02:29 PM

yea exactly..no chance they'll have a full rollout done of LTE but atleast making it LTE capable would be great. Maybe even making it one of the first LTE capable devices will be what takes the wolrd by storm....again
    11-11-08 02:32 PM
    You will not see a 2nd Gen Verizon Storm next year. There will be a NA GSM version, but Verizon will not get one next year. And the NA GSM version will have wifi.
    Any word on when the 2nd gen verizon storm will be out? ballpark estimates?

i may use this info as the basis of whether or not i'm going to wait for it, or just get the storm that's coming out this month.
    11-11-08 06:14 PM
    Any word on when the 2nd gen verizon storm will be out? ballpark estimates?

i may use this info as the basis of whether or not i'm going to wait for it, or just get the storm that's coming out this month.

Read CX's reply. There 2nd Gen. CDMA Storm will not be out next year.
    11-11-08 07:21 PM
    OK..... call me stupid.... by what point is it to having wifi on your cell phone ?
    11-11-08 07:37 PM
    Well... for the time being I don't care about a Storm 2 GSM with WiFi. I'm going to get my CDMA, no-WiFi Storm here in a very short time and I'm going to be a happy camper with it
    11-11-08 07:41 PM
    Read CX's reply. There 2nd Gen. CDMA Storm will not be out next year.
    i did read it... i'm not blind, i even quoted CX in my reply...

i was asking if not next year, then when?
    11-11-08 07:46 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD