I have a real simple question. I have had cell phones for yrs and every one of them would change time zones when i do (physically). I used to hate that but got used to it. This is my first BB and it does not change time zones when i do and it is driving me insane! Is there a way to fix this?
    04-04-09 07:00 PM
    There's no fix, nothing wrong with it. That's the way BB's work. Run a search there are already some very good posts about this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 07:03 PM
    If you changed your time zone it would screw up the calendar, search though and you'll find some good stuff

04-04-09 07:04 PM
    I have a real simple question. I have had cell phones for yrs and every one of them would change time zones when i do (physically). I used to hate that but got used to it. This is my first BB and it does not change time zones when i do and it is driving me insane! Is there a way to fix this?
    if you set time/date to the network rather than to RIM, wouldn't that work?
    04-04-09 07:05 PM
    did search didn't find anything I know there is nothing wrong with it i just wondered if you could make it change zones as you go. I drive truck and it would be helpful if it changed like a reg phone does
    04-04-09 07:06 PM
    BlackBerry devices don't update the time zone automatically. You have to change the time zone manually. There is a full explanation, with examples, in the Time Zone Issues thread that's linked in my signature.
    04-04-09 08:08 PM
    And I'll just say that when I was traveling semi-regularly between Central and Pacific time zones (with occasional short stops in the Eastern time zone) I ran into some of the issues people talk about for why the time zone doesn't change automatically. I set calendar entries, forgot to take into account which time zone the appointment would take place in, and it basically ended up with the alarm going off two hours early or late. Fortunately at the time I wasn't relying solely on my phone for reminders.
    04-04-09 08:16 PM
    Ok I get it thx
    04-04-09 09:03 PM
    Okay, here's a weird one: I'm actually having the opposite problem - my Blackberry IS automatically changing time zones when I don't want it to. I live in the Mountain Time zone, and even when I'm not traveling I will occasionally look down at the device and see it's switched itself to Eniwetok time. (Eniwetok is an atoll in the Marshall Islands and the last option in the time zone drop-down menu on my B'Berry Curve.) I simply have to choose Mountain Time in the menu to fix it, but it'll switch back randomly an hour, a day or a week later. I'm thinking there is some bug that makes it automatically adjust to the last option in the drop-down menu - either that or someone is trying to convince me to move to the middle of the Pacific Ocean! Anyone ever heard of such an odd problem?
    09-17-10 05:14 PM
    Yes, the Eniwetok bug has been reported many times. Search the forums for Eniwetok and you'll see it doesn't seem to be limited to a particular carrier or device or OS version. I haven't seen a solution posted on CrackBerry.

09-17-10 07:28 PM
    Thanks, JeffH. I posted another message about this in a separate thread before I noticed you had replied in this one - sorry for cluttering up the site with redundancy. I'll report back if/when I ever find a solution.....
    09-23-10 03:36 PM
    If you find a solution, let me know and I'll post it in the FAQ for all to see.

09-23-10 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD