Does anyone know if this BB updates the time from the network when in different time zones?

The reason I ask is I am currently using WinMo and it doesnt update the time automatically and I travel a LOT. One of the reasons I want to get rid of my current phone.
    11-25-08 10:25 AM
    Does anyone know if this BB updates the time from the network when in different time zones?

The reason I ask is I am currently using WinMo and it doesnt update the time automatically and I travel a LOT. One of the reasons I want to get rid of my current phone.
    I believe it depends on which settings you use. Go to Clock->Hit the BB menu button->select "set time"->Date/Time Source

The default setting is Blackberry but if you set it to Network it should (I think) get the time from the mobile provider. Also in the same settings menu you can change you time zone (i.e. Eastern Time (-5) for me).

Hope this helps.
    11-25-08 10:31 AM
    no, it does not.

Courtesy of Forums Moderator JeffH

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-25-08 at 10:43 AM.
    11-25-08 10:33 AM
    I also notice that on my Storm, as well as my Curve before it, the time on the device and the time on the network were not always the same. I think it's lame that you have to manually update the time every couple of weeks if you don't turn your phone off very often.
    11-25-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD