Apologies if this was discussed elsewhere - did a search and found nothing.

I was researching time lapse videos and found some of them online that had been created with an iPhone. Apparently you can set your iPhone to take a photo every 30 seconds (I'm not sure if you can adjust this or what sort of time limit is set on how long you can let this process run, though).

I thought surely my Storm would include this feature. But alas, I can't see that it does.

Anyone know of a 3rd party app which would allow me to take photos every 30 seconds for, say, 24 hours?

Thanks in advance.
    08-31-09 05:49 PM
    A quick Google search lead me to this: LifeCapture
    Life Capture turns your phone into a time-lapse camera. You set how often you want the phone to take a picture anywhere from a few tenths of a second to several minutes. You then set how many frames you want the phone to capture. The application could also be used as a kind of cctv/spy camera. The photographs are saved as a series of images which you then transfer to your home computer.

Clicking on the versions tab, it says it is compatible with the 9530. Might check it out for myself, too.

Derek
    08-31-09 06:54 PM
    I'll definitely have to check out that program, I'm downloading it right now. Would love to see a time-lapse photo program working on my Storm.
    08-31-09 07:33 PM
    Thanks for the help everyone!
    09-01-09 12:10 PM
    I installed it from the site, picked the Storm, but it does not work. It opens up but hangs on the Pick the device screen. I also allowed all the permissions. I did notice on the website that there are options to pick whether or not this program works on the Storm??

Anyone get this to run, it looks like a really cool program.
    09-01-09 12:50 PM
    Just tried to get it from my storm browser - failed - like you said, hangs on the screen w/o initiating a download. And I have a Mac. So there's that. Looks like it only DLs from the site to a PC.
    09-01-09 12:53 PM
    Just install the 5.0.0.191 leak--that should fix everything.

(just kidding)
    09-01-09 02:50 PM
    I'll definitely have to check out that program, I'm downloading it right now. Would love to see a time-lapse photo program working on my Storm.
    so did you finish downloading? and if so how did you like it?
    09-01-09 03:49 PM
    Are the problems you guys are running a problem so far with the program or just with the site to download from?

Perhaps the site doesn't play well with the browser. Per their instructions, try going to m.Getjar.com with your mobile -> Quick Download -> enter Quick Download Code 37735

Or maybe a direct download and bypass their page.
    JAD = http://download11.getjar.com/downloa...ifeCapture.jad
    JAR = http://download11.getjar.com/downloa...ifeCapture.jar

Derek
    Last edited by d_sellers1; 09-01-09 at 03:57 PM. Reason: link edit
    09-01-09 03:54 PM
    Doesn't work with the quick download code either. Is this even a legit application? It seems like a really small file size.

Edit: I had no trouble downloading the application. It just got hung up on the first black and red page where it says "select phone model"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 04:31 PM
    I'm running core 4.6 on the Bold 9000 and this program is a no go. I tried all three versions. One gives you an error about resolution and the other gives Error:5 Camera Connection.
    I have searched relentlessly on the net for a time-lapse app and can find none that work for the Blackberry. There are no less then ten for the iphone? Whats up with that?
    08-02-10 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD