I just received my new Storm yesterday and unlike my previous unit, this device's screen seems really tight around the hard buttons on the bottom. In Landscape mode this would fall around the P, Backspace and Enter buttons. The corners are actually not as tight on this model as I used to have on my previous model.

I remember my previous screen just seemed looser than this one and I even used to notice that the screen was higher than the device near the blackberry logo. This screen definitely sits more flush with the device. I would really like to lower the tension that this screen has so that I can type easier.

Would the screw trick be the most effective solution?
    01-06-09 03:22 PM
    Have you checked under the battery for anything?

I personally would send it back for another one. A pain, true, but better than messing with the hardware, IMHO
    01-06-09 03:24 PM
    just got mine yesterday and went to use it today, same thing, even though the screen on mine was a little looser the clicking felt better. i might switch back to the old one and send the new one back,. and have them send me another one.
    01-06-09 03:35 PM
    To be honest guys, I have delt with 3 Storms and they are all a little bit tight at the bottem. i think most of them are made like that. Im still with my original though and everything else seems perfect. I got a replacement just for that to only see the replacement was the exact same way. So no need for me to keep it. Plus I bought a Storm brand new and have it for a back up or money making later on down the line. Both the replacement and saved one are Mexico models and mine I use is Canada. They all really work great though. And belive it or not, my Model is made in June of 08 and its just as sold as the 12/28/08 made replacement model. It really seems like there is NO diffrence. I figure since the physical buttons are on the bottem, the area there on the screen is just a TINY bit tighter then the rest probably due to the weight and the bottons being made there. Just my 2 cents. The replacment deal was just to compare the 2 and it turned out to be a waste on my end.

EDIT: I forgot to add. Keep in mind, I live in NJ and the weather is extremely cold here. So I notice when the phone is in an area where it gets REALLY COLD, the clicking on the screen is alot tighter then it is when I have the phone warmned or in an area that its warm. The weather mades a diffrence belive it or not. Its like Bones. Bones get stiffer when its really cold outside compared to being in warm weather. Its naturel
    Last edited by Terrigno; 01-06-09 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Edited text
    01-06-09 03:43 PM
    i think that we paid the money we paid we should get something that works properly. im not trying to "settle" or "deal" with this crap. cant they just get it right.

sounds like a rant but why should i have to "modify" a brand new phone, i could see if after a month or so the screen starts acting up and we have to adjust things/add things, but c'mon a brand new phone and a gotta tweek it right out the box, i wish i could chuck the phone at the guy who decided to put the phone out with all these hardware/software probles (like on the nextel/sprint commercial) i know we got a cool phone but i could have waited anothe 3-4-5 months to get something more "less buggy" if that even makes sense. but thats just how i feel.(ok yeah so i ranted....so what)

edit: new phone is from canada made on 12/28
    Last edited by DarwinMejia; 01-06-09 at 04:21 PM.
    01-06-09 03:54 PM
    i am on my 4th storm, and every single one of them clicked tighter on the bottom of the screen. The very bottom is not the right place to test anyway, as long as it clicks where the black edge ends and display starts, it should be okay. My latest replacement had a screen that barely clicks on the bottom. I didnt want to risk another bad seal in the screen (this one seems fine), so i just did the electrical tape on the back cover trick, and now it clicks great everywhere. If it stays like this i might just keep it and live with tape under the battery cover.
    01-06-09 04:43 PM
    i think that we paid the money we paid we should get something that works properly. im not trying to "settle" or "deal" with this crap. cant they just get it right.

sounds like a rant but why should i have to "modify" a brand new phone, i could see if after a month or so the screen starts acting up and we have to adjust things/add things, but c'mon a brand new phone and a gotta tweek it right out the box, i wish i could chuck the phone at the guy who decided to put the phone out with all these hardware/software probles (like on the nextel/sprint commercial) i know we got a cool phone but i could have waited anothe 3-4-5 months to get something more "less buggy" if that even makes sense. but thats just how i feel.(ok yeah so i ranted....so what)

edit: new phone is from canada made on 12/28
    It's the price you pay for buying new technology that is just released. Every device released that is new has its fair share of problems. If you don't want to put up with it, well Verizon gives you a risk free 30 day guarantee. Don't like it? send it back for a full refund and wait the 3-4-5 months to get something less "buggy".

I hate these rants about the phone saying how it sucks or "why do i have to modify it I paid a lot for money for it" or "why did they release a buggy phone"? No one is holding a gun to your head and Verizon gives you 30 days to send it back with no questions asked. No one is telling you to modify it either, send it back and get a curve or World Phone.
    01-06-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD