My biggest problem with my curve, other than the numerous bugs I run into and freezes, is that the web browser still sucks, even with 4.5, although it is expected from the curve device.

The ONLY reason I would get an iphone is for the web browsing, it is pretty sweet even though the lag on zooms is annoying.

Will the thunder be equal to or better than the iphone in terms of web browsing?

Also will the web speed increase, I use bb for occasional lookups when away from computer, definitely NOT for entertainment?

I do not want to have JUST a thunder(storm) as I need a keyboard, I text and write emails alot. Do you think it is possible that I, a verizon customer, can have both devices activated at the same time without having to pay for 2 voice plans, 2 data plans I would agree to, especially if I can get the thunder for less than retail. I signed up with verizon in May so I am nowhere near an upgrade.
    08-29-08 08:05 PM
    The web browser info is higly sought after but still secret. All we know is it runs on 'webkit' which is what the iphone browser runs on. As far as the keyboard, this phone has a new type of touch keyboard, even more advanced than the iphone. When you press a letter on the touchscreen keyboard, this technology allows you to feel like you are pressing actual keys of a qwerty keyboard. You might not need 2.
    08-29-08 08:12 PM
    I had the iphone for 1 day and switched back to verizon and my current LG Dare purely for the reason that texting sucked. The keyboard really needs to be good on the Storm. PLEASE!
    08-29-08 09:18 PM
    The funny thing is, with the problems that Kevin and other users are having with the bolds' browser, I am hoping that the javascript issue is eliminated completely. I am looking forward to obtaining this device, and do not want to have any problems. I may wait about a month or so after the initial release...Not!
    08-29-08 09:31 PM
    The funny thing is, with the problems that Kevin and other users are having with the bolds' browser, I am hoping that the javascript issue is eliminated completely. I am looking forward to obtaining this device, and do not want to have any problems. I may wait about a month or so after the initial release...Not!
    I would think there would be no problems with the stock browser on it, you would think that RIM is looking to improve on whatever the iPhone has...not just try to be as good, but who knows. What I do know is that Skyfire is a browser that is now in final stages of beta and they plan on releasing a blackberry version (currently only win mob). It is as amazing browser. Flash, Java, etc....all functional. And it is fast and clean. It blows away the latest version of Opera. I mean way better than Opera on Win Mob, because Opera on Berry is better than the stock browser but nowhere near the functionality of Skyfire. Look into it. Skyfire is currently better in terms of functionality (everything works on every web page) than the iPhone's browser but Skyfire is still beta(you can tell they are not done). So we should be fine either way. Just not sure when a Skyfire for Berry would be released. I would not put much time into worrying about a good browser....it should be better then anything we have seen.

And if you wanted to have two berry's you can put one on voice and data, and the second can be just Data for $45 a month. But I personally dont see the point in two, you should be fine with just the one, you will get used to it I am sure.

Dennis
    08-29-08 11:36 PM
    There is always tethering option using a PDA like a pocket PC of some sort for the larger screen browsing while still having a pcoket sized device. That way you still have your BB for all its goodies and the PDA tethering for your better browsing experience. I'd offer a palm PDA as an option but until their new models come out in 2009 I don't think their 5 year old drivers will pair with a BB for tethering. I'd love to see RIM produce pure PDAs or even netbook style devices running a BBOS that provides all that goes with such a device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Stoneryno; 08-30-08 at 03:28 AM.
    08-30-08 03:25 AM
    I believe the touch technology is now called Z touch and the company that produces it has a web site. Sorry can't remember off hand google it and check it out looks pretty sweet. Also a while ago RIM was hiring away apple iphone developers and it should be safe to assume that the storm should be an improvement over the iPhone.

08-30-08 08:30 AM
    There is always tethering option using a PDA like a pocket PC of some sort for the larger screen browsing while still having a pcoket sized device. That way you still have your BB for all its goodies and the PDA tethering for your better browsing experience. I'd offer a palm PDA as an option but until their new models come out in 2009 I don't think their 5 year old drivers will pair with a BB for tethering. I'd love to see RIM produce pure PDAs or even netbook style devices running a BBOS that provides all that goes with such a device.

they could always create a strictly usb device or internal card and give people a BB based user interface on there laptops
    08-30-08 10:14 AM
    they could always create a strictly usb device or internal card and give people a BB based user interface on there laptops
    Do you mean like remote control the BB from a paired device? Like you are using the BB but in a GUI designed to work on the larger screen so you are taking advantage of the real estate? So rather than being tethered using PAM you are actually using the BB but viewing the content interpreted by the GUI on the paired device. Is that possible?
    08-30-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD